icon

relay clicks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fordfan2 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2010 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
When i try to diode isolate my two door triggers to the negative input, the relay inside the brain just clicks over and over. It doesnt sense the doors are open right. I wire it up and hit unlock it says the doors are open which is right. Then i close the doors, it still says the doors are open. I sit in the truck, lock the doors, then open the door the alarm goes off. Then i close the door hit unlock, it unlocks and i open the door and the relay clicks over and over again. It just doesnt make sense. I have a 98 f150 with individual door triggers. I tried everything that i could find on the internet and nothin is working. I need HELP.  Do i need to add an external relay to isolate the door triggers? If so how would i go about doing that since i have two individual door triggers?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 05, 2010 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
All Door Trigger BLACK/ LIGHT BLUE (+) HIGH IN DRIVER KICK IN HARNESS
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2010 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
According to most websites, the BLACK/ light blue wire is the domelight supervision for the truck. I have that wire connected to the domelight supervision output with an external relay. Can i just tap the Positive door trigger input from the alarm, diode isolate, and  connect to the BLACK/ light blue wire also? 
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2010 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

Did you find both door triggers, BLACK / YELLOW (-) and BLACK/ Pink (-), one in each sides kick panel and verify them with a DMM?

Try this diode isolation diagram ( doing just the front doors ) :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/10585_F-SERIES-LIGHT-DUTY_FORD%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION.pdf   Make sure your brain is looking for a (-) door pin trigger.

Soldering is fun!
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2010 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
Yes i did try that. I tested both doors with the meter. I tried that diagram also. I put diodes on both door wires(i only have two doors) and tied them into my green(negative input from alarm) wire and it just sits there and clicks. I can lock the doors and the open doors on the screen goes away. Then i hit unlock and it says the doors are open again. So i close the door, it says the doors are still open. Then what i do is close the doors hit lock and the doors on the screen goes away. So i unlock the door and open it and then the relay clicks over and over again.
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 06, 2010 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
What unit are you using?
When you say "I can lock the doors and the open doors on the screen goes away," do you mean the door ajar indicator in your dash?
If so, that is most likely because you have the domelight supervision wire connected.
Are you positive the clicking relay is inside the brain and not the one used for domelight supervision?
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2010 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

I'm using Carvox 2300a system. It is a 2 way system with the lcd screen key fob. So what i mean by that is when i lock the doors, the doors on my keyfob go away. When i unlock it again the doors on the keyfob comes back on but the domelight isnt even hooked up at the moment. When the relay clicks i held my hand on the main brain unit of the alarm and you can feel the internal relay clicking over and over. Sorry i forgot to mention i had the lcd screen, i should have explained it better. I'm just stumped on this part.

91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 06, 2010 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not familiar with that system but I think I know what is goign on.
The open door on the remote fob probably means the doors are unlocked and the closed doors mean they are locked. This is in respect to using the remote to lock and unlock the doors. The relay click you feel/hear is most likely for the flashing lights relay since it only does that when you open the door after you hit lock on the remote. Did you wire up the parking lights to the alarm?
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2010 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged  

Well there were to light outputs on this alarm. It has two brown wires both fused. I tapped the first one into my parking lights at the headlight switch. The second one i didnt have a clue what it did. This is a short description 2 Light Output (+/-) output 7A (+) and 250mA (-). It said it could either be +/- but default was positive. I wasnt sure what that one went to because it didnt give me a clear description of what it was meant for. You are right though. When i hook the negative trigger up the parking lights and dash lights click on and off. Why would that click everytime i open the door though? I thought that the open doors on the keyfob would only turn on if you left the door open and it would shut off when the door was closed.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 07, 2010 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Some European vehicles require power for the left and right parking lights.  Some of the newer alarms provide the second wire for that so you do not have to use diodes to isolate them.  That is why you have 2 wires.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic