icon

relay clicks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 07, 2010 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
does the domelights come on when you unlock the doors with the remote?
if it does, the door ajar indicator on the fob is shown because the system is not capable of tell between an open door and domelight being on.
fordfan2 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2010 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
No i had the domelight light unplugged. With mine i was told i needed a relay to do this. I do have the relay but wasnt connected to power at the time. What i want to do now 91stt you bring that up, im gonna pull the fuse on the parking lights and c when i plug the door triggers in if it still clicks. I'm thinking maybe its a postivily ground truck. I think maybe i'm getting backfeed from the parking lights being positive and the doors are negative triggers. I'm just throwing that out there if it makes sense or not lol.
fordfan2 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2010 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

So far, no good 91. I tryed pulling the fuse for the parking light output and plugged it all back in and it still clicks. I wired up the relay for the domelight and that works the way its suppose to. I close the door and lock it up. The domelight stays on for delayed time and shuts off after maybe 10-15 secs. I hit unlock the domelight pops on like its suppose to. I even waited to see what it did when i just unlocked it but didnt open the door, after a delayed time it went off. I open the door, it comes on and stays on. So that works perfectly but i'm competely stumped on this door trigger issue. I just cant seem to figure out what is causing this internal relay to just keep clicking once that green wire is attached. I took my meter and put the red meter cable and put it to 12v and the black meter cable to the door trigger and it shows 12v. I've tried about everything i can think of. Have anymore ideas by any chance?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic