the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

looking for info about zenesis

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2010 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

the fortin piece works beautifully, never had a problem at all.

i think all actuators are the same.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
florinel76 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
funny thing today.
i decided to check around the shops in my area and call all to ask about what brands they are using. all of them have DEI, any of the products that they have are from the same company just different name.
it made me realized that in reality this is just monopoly.
there is one more that seems that is also familiar and that one is audiovox and omega (but i understood that they were bought by audiovox).
and nobody heard of zenesis. this is one more reason to try something new, something different.
as for the actuators i found on the net a bunch of them so i understand that most are universal some with 2 wire and some with 5 wire from what i found out.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
OK two wire are slave,5 wire are masters. You should buy 1 master, 3 slaves and the blue dedicated relay with looms, i.e. a complete kit. Ignore 5 wires on the front passenger door, you will have triggering problems.
Best quality by far is MES followed by Spal. You then set up your alarm for NEG (Type "B") lock/unlock outputs, job done.
The ONLY important thing about the actuators is to get a smooth run without too much friction or "effort". Remember to avoid all mechanisms in the door such as catches, window lifts.
TEST electrically and physically every motor wire, one side to constant, other (motor wire) side to ground, then reverse, redo with door panel reattached.
As for the alarms, you will get a different product from the East Coast (Ted is in Canada near the N.Y. border) where you are on top of DEI (Clifford, Viper, Python, Hornet etc.), just like here they rule the roost but like Zenesis they have had an ongoing reliability problem. Unlike Zenesis they haven't cured it.
Compustar and Avox (Audiovox, Prestige, Code) are all very good products.
Buying an unknown or unbranded product, especially from FleaBay is a waste of time and money. They rarely work and there's no warrantee or technical back-up.
Yes I read your first post post but I still strongly advise against doing this yourself.
It ain't your brains, it's your hands on experience! Right, Ted?
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
howie thanks for the info. i understood everything about the actuators now what i didnt get was what "blue dedicated relay with looms" is ?
i have installed about 4 years ago an alarm 7e7 astra ... which it is an unknown brand i can say and i installed it in a 97 mazda mx6 - so it's just a 2 door car and i installed actuators and the alarm and it is still working very good even today.
i wanted to add more features after i closed everything and i finally realized that is good to put all the features from the beginning because i will never get a chance to open that car again to add stuff to it ...
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
If you buy either the MES or Spal kit or the equivalent from DEI you will get the "dedicated" or lock specific relay + the wiring looms with the kit. By dedicated I mean it's a double relay with a built in timer, by virtue of the fact that when a master, i.e. 5 wire motor is in either the lock or unlock position, a built in microswitch means that either the lock or unlock trigger wire is constant to ground and engaging the relay's coil. This will give you a flat battery very quickly, thus the built in shutdown timer on the dedicated relay.
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
If you buy either the MES or Spal kit or the equivalent from DEI you will get the "dedicated" or lock specific relay + the wiring looms with the kit. By dedicated I mean it's a double relay with a built in timer, by virtue of the fact that when a master, i.e. 5 wire motor is in either the lock or unlock position, a built in microswitch means that either the lock or unlock trigger wire is constant to ground and engaging the relay's coil. This will give you a flat battery very quickly, thus the built in shutdown timer on the dedicated relay.
ok i understand what it means that and thanks for the explanations ... now i had enough time to think this weekend ... it seems to much to have the key control the lock and unlock of the car when i will install an alarm that does that.
and on top of that i will have in the windshield that z-pass touch pad that would unlock or lock the car without the remote, so i guess i will give up this idea with the key.
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2010 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
i can send you a diagram from fortin or omega, and that will ahve everything you need.
Tedmond, please send me the diagrams for the fortin honda sl3 if you have it ... that's what i need to buy but i want to make an idea of what i'm going to work on. thank you
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Honda SL3 install guide
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
91stt thank you
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2010 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

keep in mind the Compustar has knock to unlock/disarm and knock to lock/arm with its new CM-6000. FYI the RPS's are black now.

"dont ground out!"
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic