icon

mojo mc1.2500?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sik4all 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i just got a brand new memphis amp (16-mc1.2500) . my ? concerns the fuse. it doesnt have an onboard fuse it comes with a seperate anl fuse holder. well i usually have a fuse holder comin off the battery should i have both fuse holders installed or just the anl fuse holder that came with the amp! another  ? will be how is the easiest way too hook up a 2nd battery? thanks for any help and for takin your time to read this post any help will b really appreciated?
clownin
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
One fuse no more than 12 inches from battery. This protects the wire and should be fused for the wire.
The 2nd fuse, "amp fuse". Is to protect the amp and should be installed close to the amp.
To install a 2nd batt. Run a power wire from the first batt pos, 4 guage or larger dependent on amount of draw to the 2nd batt( i would use 0 gauge for this application. That amp pulls more than 4 gauge can handle.). Ground to GOOD chassis spot within 3 feet of the 2nd batt suffecient wire for return or you can also run from the - to the 2nd batt -. This battery should also have a fuse to protect the chargeing wire within 12 inches of the 2nd batt.
mojo mc1.2500? -- posted image.
sik4all 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks bruh could not have been explained any better! appreciate the info.
clownin

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic