the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5901 in 2005 f150 lariat keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

I don't see anywhere where he says he doesn't have 2 keys. If he has two valid keys, almost all modern modules do not require losing a key. 2 keys are required to program the module though, and even then....I swear I saw something on this very forum that the Idatalink stuff could actually be programmed with 1 key, with some correspondence with Idatalink. ABSOLUTELY do not do what topinstaller says.

catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
mikvot wrote:

I don't see anywhere where he says he doesn't have 2 keys. If he has two valid keys, almost all modern modules do not require losing a key. 2 keys are required to program the module though, and even then....I swear I saw something on this very forum that the Idatalink stuff could actually be programmed with 1 key, with some correspondence with Idatalink. ABSOLUTELY do not do what topinstaller says.

His 2nd post said he only has the one key, third post in the thread.
mikvot 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2010 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks catback....not sure how I missed that.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
 Mr Dave re- read the last sentence of mikvot's post and do exactly what it says!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
mikvot 
Posted: June 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

I understand wanting to do what is gonna cost the least amount of money up front, and I have no problem with that. It's his truck....not mine. As you already mentioned, t&t the PATS system is a hell of alot harder to bypass during a break in, than a aftermarket starter kill. Why disable this extra security? I can tell you, that if I had a customer in his situation come in to the shop....I would turn down the job. Nice truck, Nice system.. spend the money for the extra key. Just my opinion.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2010 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
With you all the way Mr mikvot!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2010 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  

+1 do not bypass the pats permanantly. and Mikvot, you are correct. Idatalink andFortin both have special firmwares for one key programming.

you load a firmware on, program with one key, reupload the firmware off th emodule onto the idatalink website, a tech will email you back a firmware and presto, you have a module that has a new firmware with 2 keys programmed,  when you only infact had one.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
davewvu86 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
I'm definitely not going to bypass PATS. The shop that is repairing the damage from the break-in is going to take my truck to the dealer and have a 2nd key made for me tomorrow.
So, that leaves just one more question for you guys -- which bypass module is the easiest to install and program? What do you suggest?
mikvot 
Posted: June 13, 2010 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

The idatalink ads-tb will work like a champ. I've also used a ton of Fortin key-overide-all's with no problems.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2010 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  

idatalink and fortin pieces are soolid. so easy to program and install is a breeze.

the only downside is tif you dont have adata cable for the idatalink syfff, somtimes you wont have the correct firmware. Fortin pieces have a list of units taht will work without needed to be flashed. its almost a universal bypass (EVO-ALL)

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic