icon

remote start using factory remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ynot80 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2010 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

Ive seen cars come in with aftermarket remotes starts hooked up so that if you hit the lock button on the factory remote 3 times the car starts . Oddly enough Ive never had to do this but Im interested in knowing how its done . We use 2 different units at the dealership I work for ( AM6.2 and the AM 6) . Would I be able to hook either one of those units up using the factory remote and if so what would I need to do different over a normal install ?

Thanks

Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2010 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

WHITE/ Blue (activation input) wire to the lock switch or motor wire wire, and program it for 3 pulses.

It should be in the Automate install manual.

Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2010 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
Mark Mizenko wrote:

WHITE/ Blue (activation input) wire to the lock switch or motor wire wire, and program it for 3 pulses.

It should be in the Automate install manual.

So Id just have to wire the wht/blue with the green lock wire to the lock wire of the car and program it and its all good. I was reading the install manual and I thought thats all Id have to do but wasnt sure.

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2010 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
if using the switch wire make sure it gets pulsed when you use the factory remote to activate the locks.    I usually use the lock motor wire with a relay to reverse the polarity to negitive then go to the WHITE/ blue of the starter with the output of the relay
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2010 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
if using the switch wire make sure it gets pulsed when you use the factory remote to activate the locks.    I usually use the lock motor wire with a relay to reverse the polarity to negitive then go to the WHITE/ blue of the starter with the output of the relay
Just to make sure I got this straight if I want to use a relay Id put ground on 85 and 87,lock motor wire on 30 and the WHITE/ blue on 86 . Also is there a setting to change to make the WHITE/ blue wire pulsed ?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 18, 2010 at 4:32 AM / IP Logged  

Before you get all into the job, you need to make sure the factory keyless will unlock the door when the motor is running.  Start the car with the key, with the key in the ignition, and motor running try to lock and unlock the doors with the factory keyfob.  If the car will not unlock or lock with the motor running, you will have to unlock with the key to enter the vehicle, and you will not be able to hit Lock, lock, lock to end the remote start session.

Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2010 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

Before you get all into the job, you need to make sure the factory keyless will unlock the door when the motor is running.  Start the car with the key, with the key in the ignition, and motor running try to lock and unlock the doors with the factory keyfob.  If the car will not unlock or lock with the motor running, you will have to unlock with the key to enter the vehicle, and you will not be able to hit Lock, lock, lock to end the remote start session.

Yeah I know that. Right now I dont have a need to do something like this Im just trying to get more info so that if it comes up in the future I'll know . Lately Ive been doing a lot of new Hondas so trying to do something like this isnt going to work cause the factory remotes dont work when the car is running . Every so often I get in a used car something that I could do this on .

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 18, 2010 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
It is still possible on some of the vehicles.  Some vehicles have a separate keyless module that has an ignition feed.  You can cut the ignition feed so it will not know that the vehicle is running.  Some of the keyless systems are integrated in the BCM, those are not so easy to get around.
Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2010 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
It is still possible on some of the vehicles.  Some vehicles have a separate keyless module that has an ignition feed.  You can cut the ignition feed so it will not know that the vehicle is running.  Some of the keyless systems are integrated in the BCM, those are not so easy to get around.

Cool. Ill keep that in mind too . Any of the hondas I do the customer is just told that they have to have a seperate remote. So far no one has complained . Like I said for some odd reason Ive never had to install a remote start using the factory remote and I was just wondering if how I thought it was done was right .

itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

plus some factory remotes lack the range to make remote start as convenient as an aftermarket remote would.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic