deciding which speakers and amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
senya 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hi All

I have some knowledge in car audio, but I can't decide which set up to go with also need a recomendation on amplifier, I found this board randomly, but it looks like there is a lot of people with good knowledge.

Here is what I already have: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer with stock speakers 6.5", Alpine IVA W505 HU, Alpine Imprint Audio Processor, MTX 2 channel Class D amp that powers x2 10" MTX Thunder Series Subs. So the sepakers is the only part that I'm missing from somewhat completing this set up.

Setup #1

Alpine 6 1/2" 2 Way Speakers R series (100rms each) In all 4 doors, how good they will sound if I will use amp that produces 60rms per channel or I need to find a more powerfull amp so the peakers don't lack volume? Or will they still be able to be loud enough at 60rms power?  

Setup #2

Apline 6 1/2" Components R series (100rms each) in the front doors (come with crossover), and Alpine 6 1/2" S series in back doors, all amped by the same amp that I want to use in above setup?

Setup #3

Alpine 6 1/2" Components S series (60rms each) in front doors (no crossover), and 6 1/2" S series at the back, now I think this will be the most reasonable set up with an amp to match with power of the speakers.

Please advice me what should I go for, and will I see significant sound clarity difference between Alpine S series and R series?

Thank You

roadshop570 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
Not that much difference between series. Use the type R 61/2 coaxial spekers in the rear, but look at the Alpine type X ref components for the front, the crossovers with these have seperate inputs for tweeters and mids, great for bi-amping, and give you a selectable tweeter levels,0/-3/-6, I use this set in my front doors with all type S in rear, it sounds nice and I think youll be glad you spent a little extra money.
Chadillac
senya 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
Type X sure sounds great, it was my original plan but when I calculated total price it was a bit high, thats why I started looking into all this other options
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2010 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
roadshop570 wrote:
Not that much difference between series. Use the type R 61/2 coaxial spekers in the rear, but look at the Alpine type X ref components for the front, the crossovers with these have seperate inputs for tweeters and mids, great for bi-amping, and give you a selectable tweeter levels,0/-3/-6, I use this set in my front doors with all type S in rear, it sounds nice and I think youll be glad you spent a little extra money.
Do this, you can thank him laterdeciding which speakers and amp -- posted image.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
senya 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2010 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

Now if I go with type x front and type r rear, what amp should I consider getting? Dont think I will be able to afford something crazy expensive, might even consider refurbished or used one since spending so much money on speakers.

What are those setting on tweeters for?

roadshop570 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2010 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Use the type x in front then to save some money use type s in rear, try a SPL/Power Acoustik 4ch on the budget, they shouldgive you 70-80watts rms and it has flexible crossover adjustments, the tweeter options can be changed for your preferred listening level.
Chadillac
senya 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

How SPL or Power Acoustic performs in terms of sound clarity?

I might be biased, but it seems weird when I will be spending $600 on speakers and 100 on amp :S
but still looks apealing in terms of price which is still fits the budget.

roadshop570 
Posted: June 30, 2010 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Its good for the money, look at the Alpine mrp-f300 good price for their 4ch but might not be enough power or have as many features, so on the budget side consider name brand companys that you can buy at a deal, like an out of program/demo/or refurb amps.
Chadillac

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic