icon

06 jeep, python 991

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blowndakrt 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2010 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
I put in a 991 today for a customer. It went in an 06 Jeep Cherokee Laredo.
The issue I am having, it will not remote start. Won't even crank. I get a remote start error message on the remote, but no parking light flashes.
After doing the remote start shutdown/startup diagnostics, I get 7 led flashes, Timer/Turbo/manual mode.
Here is how I have everything set with the Bitwriter.
Hood switch, normally open
Door switch normally open
Override pulse count = 1
Transmission mode = Automatic
Engine check mode = Tach And I did the tach learning step.
Engine Crank time = .6 seconds
Engine run time = 30 minutes
Activation pulse count = 2
Turbo mode = no turbo mode
Timer Mode Runtime = 10 minutes
Timer Mode Start Count = 6
Timer Mode Interval = 1 hr
Smart Start low temp = off
Smart Start high temp = off
Smart Start low battery = off
Diesel start delay = wait to start input
Diesel start delay time = 15 seconds
Accessory state during WTS = On during wait to start
2nd Status Behavior = status output
Tach Mode Starter release point = 6
Virtual tach fine tune = not initialized
Remote Start safe lock = off
Transmitter programming = unlocked
Feature programming = unlocked
I have the Neutral safety wire going to ground, as well as the neutral safety switch in the on position.
Just to be sure it was not a hood pin issue, I have disconnected the hood pin and taped that wire up.
I believe I got the remotes programmed properly. They both do lock/unlock/and trunk just fine.
This vehicle previously had a remote start of another brand in it. We has numerous warranty issues with the other one, so we swapped it out for the Python. I am tied into the exact same wires as the previous unit that was installed.
Is there something I am missing or do I have something setup wrong causing it to not remote start?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Shawn
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  
7 flashes means that the alarm is set for manual transmission mode and the parking brake is not engaged. You need to make sure the BLACK/ white neutral safety wire from the 5 pin remote start wiring harness is wired to the parking brake or ONLY if it is an automatic transmission go ahead and ground the wire.
Gary Sather
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
The vehicle is an automatic and the neutral safety (BLACK/ white) is grounded.
Shawn
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
When using the bitwriter, does the ignition have to be on?
Cause I noticed that even though I set the Start activation to 2, it still is only being active on the single button press. Or is that for programming the WHITE/ blue activation wire?
It just seems like the changes I make in the programming are not doing anything.
I think I am also going to check to make sure the door trigger wire is getting a good ground. Its getting its ground signal from the bypass. I have read that the green wire has to see a good ground in order for the programming to actually be written. Is this true?
Thanks
Shawn
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

The ignition does NOT have to be on.  When you turn on the Bitwriter and press READ, it will read the programmed info from the unit and will also state CURRENT TRANSMITTER is X.  X being 1,2,3, or 4.  When you make changes to the brain and want to save it to the brain, you need to change the transmitter setting to 0  (ZERO) for the changes/settings to apply to all remotes. There is a PDF in the download section of this site on the Bitwriter.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=378

Hope this helps.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
I read in the instructions that came with the bitwriter that if you want to set the programming to all transmitters, set it to 0. So that is what I have been doing.
It just doesn't seem like its accepting the programming for some reason. I can't verify the run time programming since it won't start.
And the door trigger I believe is working because if you arm it wait about 45 seconds and then open the door, the alarm triggers.
I am not familiar with the DEI products for troubleshooting as we just picked them up recently. We had multiple issues with the Zenesis products and when I asked my distributor, they recommended the Python units to replace all the Zenesis units we installed. So going through a steep learning curve.
Thanks
Shawn
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 5:08 AM / IP Logged  

Could you list the wires you have connected from the Python 991 to what wires on the vehicle. And what type/brand of bypass are you using?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
The bypass I am using is the DLPKCHG2 -CHD7
I will only list the wires I have connected to make is easier.
H1 Harness
RED / White - Trunk - hooked to Orange trunk wire on bypass
Red = Battery
Brown = Siren
Black = Ground
Green = Door trigger - hooked to Pink/White on bypass
White = Parking light relay
H2 Harness
Violet/White = Tach wire
Dark Blue = GWR to Brown on bypass
Grey = Hood Pin This is currently unhooked and taped up
Brown = Brake Switch
BLACK/ White = Ground
H3 Harness
Pink = Ignition Pink/Light Green on Jeep
Violet = Starter Pink/Orange on Jeep
Red = Battery
RED / Black = Battery
Thanks
Shawn
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Today, I tried to run a separate ground just for the BLACK/ white wire. I had it tied in with the main ground for the unit. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bad connection issue.
Also flipped the toggle switch in the other direction (off) position just to double check it wasn't backwards. Still same issue.
Zapped the programming and started over.   Reprogrammed the remotes. Still getting the same issue. And then the one way remote stopped working. Thought maybe it lost the programming somehow. Worked fine when I reprogrammed it after I zapped the unit, but picked it up to try the remote start to make sure it was not just the 2 way remote having an issue with the remote start, and it lights up, but wouldn't lock or unlock the doors. So tried to reprogram the one way and it won't go into programming mode at all. Tried the to put it in Auto learn, and still nothing.
So all that is left is possibly a defective unit. Got another one in route to see if that cures the issue.
Any other insight of something I am missing? Or I am right to assume the unit is defective?
Thanks
Shawn
smokeman1 
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic