icon

any info on new viper 3303?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

I have to agree witrh ednigma on that issue of arming status with two chirps and disarm with one! That to me was just plain stupid! Honestly!

The ignition wire will provide ignition output upon remote starting and during armed state will provide ignition tamper alert and ignition locking and unlocking and all that, so that's why it's called input/output!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
ednigma 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2010 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
I still do about one E36 a month, NEVER had any real problems with them except for the following;
You must draw your power from either of the ignition feeds, RED / blue, RED / green or you will get spiking.
Early E36 up to 94 were a PITA, by now any E36 of that vintage has f****d up electrics, window lifter CPU not working, ditto lock and door switch problems.
As for the pink wire being an ignition sense and an output, just believe me it works.
If you do go for R/S remember that tach is a black wire going to instrument panel and the purple ACC wire must be treated as a second ignition or the car won't start.
Howie, from what I've seen in previous posts, you seem to be the E36 expert. My Clifford 700IQ was wired using the prewired alarm plug behind the glove box. I've also helped a friend install an Audiovox alarm in his 97 328 using the alarm plug you can get from the dealer. This plug supplies +12, Gnd, ignition, each door trigger, door lock/unlock, hazard light, trunk trigger, dome light, horn and siren. Pretty much every connection you need for a basic alarm only install. Are you saying that the +12 and ignition leads at the car's alarm plug is not suitable?
Also, I think I saw in another post that you said to grab the hazard flash at the hazard switch. The hazard flash is available at the car's alarm plug and is connected to the CrashControlModule so a low amperage signal is adequate -- maybe you are talking about E36s that don't have the alarm plug? Also, are your descriptions of drivers side and pass side referring to LHD or RHD (since I believe you are in the UK).
Regards.. Ed
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2010 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
It's really a chicken and egg situation. Back in '87, was it "No Man's Land" with Charlie Sheen and DB Sweeny, Clifford got it's first major cult sighting, "Don't touch it, it's a Clifford".
They had 2 chirps for on and one off, other companies such as their then greatest rival Viper reversed that procedure just to be different.
When the take over occurred the new bosses wanted to make them all 1 on and 2 off but Clifford dealers protested and that's your answer.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2010 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
Ed, sorry you posted between me turning on computer and writing last post.
Yes, I only ever did one of each L/H/Drive E36 and E46. Both were European specs so no I've NEVER seen the factory plug, always had to hard wire, hence my comments about neg feed to haz switch and indicators rather than lights!
I always try to specify whether the examples I give are L or R hand drive , sorry if I caused any confusion.
The leads at the plug ARE suitable, I think that either being in storage or adverse conditions such as damp may have affected the alarm. In cars that are being used everyday, I've removed still working Clifford Eagles!.....1992 vintage!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2010 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Howie did i step on your clifford nerve? Sorry! any info on new viper 3303? - Page 2 -- posted image.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
ednigma 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 5:20 AM / IP Logged  
Howie,
Ah I see, Euro E36s don't seem to come with the Alarm plug. I was surfing some of the BMW forums and saw some discussions of a factory installed alarm and I've seen a exploded parts diag that showed some alarm parts. As far as I can find, all US spec E36 cars came from Europe without alarms -- They were installed at the Port of Entry or by the dealer for maximum profit. The US BMW alarm is a basic Alpine unit that sells for about $400 with dealer installation about $100 - $200.
With the factory prewiring, the dealer can plug and play in less than 30 minutes. Nice meaty bone to throw to the US dealers.
Regards.. Ed
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  
Yes Ed, you're right again, I've never seen that plug on Euro cars BUT:
That plug is there on Ferraris, I once spent hours and hours finding everything, only to be told by a dealer that it's there! Also Renaults and Toyotas (some). Frankly I throw away instructions on late Toyotas, they always follow roughly the same pattern, from the early 90s until now. t&t, sorry my second wind-up for you this week, no offence, it's just that yesterday I spent yet another hour repairing a Viper LCD remote, because a new one retails at wait for it $120 in the UK with programming, they are so badly made.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

hey howie, you got the new vipers (590x) in the UK now?

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
No only the 5701 LED 2 way, so I was right about the 900mhz frequency issue being B.S., as I guessed it was the remotes.
sphan1 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
Do you guys know if you need a relay or two for the viper 3303. the door lock harness is kinda different for me. Got everything else wired on another honda accord but not locking or unlocking. I notice on the quick reference install guide, it specifys the relay # for each wire.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic