viper 5701, 2003 honda civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
viffer 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2010 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, i'll give that a shot...
And thanks so much for going out of your way and testing that for me... That was very considerate of you!
viffer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2010 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Guys,
I am installing a Viper 5701 into a 2003 Honda Civic with 4 after market 2 wire locks. How can I set up the progressive locks with this setup? I believe as far as I understand that I need 2 relays for standard lock/unlock feature... Would I require another relay?
Any tips or tricks you could share?
Thanks so much!
viffer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I go the progressive locks thing figured out... pretty simple actually with 3 relays...
New Question...
When I press the start butting on the remote nothing happens. I have verified the hood pin is grounded and all my connections (listed on the first page of this post) are solid. Any ideas of where to start looking?
Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2010 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

Unless you changed the Hood Status option in Menu 1 - 11, the hood should show ground only when open.  If it 's showing a ground then the remote start won't happen.

If your car is an automatic, did you change Menu 3 - 1 over to automatic?

When you say nothing happens when you press start, do the parking lights flash or the gagues come on?

Soldering is fun!
viffer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
Ok you got me on 2 points there... I had the hood pin grounded thinking I was showing the alarm a closed condition... Brain fart. And no, i didn't program the Auto mode... Doing that tonight. Thanks so much for the pointers.
Now, last question (hopefully):
Which wire should I connect the door trigger to as it seems each door is on an individual wire at the OEM alarm plug (The drivers door trigger is green, front passenger door trigger is lt. GREEN/ red, and the rear door trigger is GREEN / WHITE.)
And which wire (should i connect the dome light to?
Thanks again for all your help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

The Civic has (-) negative door triggers.  Use all four door triggers with diode isolation as per this link:   http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_CIVIC_(-)%20NEGATIVE%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION%20CIRCUIT.pdf    Attach to the Viper (-) Door Trigger wire, H1/8 Green wire.

Soldering is fun!
viffer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
When trying to arm the system the system flashes the parking lights 7 times. Ideas?
viffer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, a little reading would help on my part... After some searching on the internet I found 7 flashes means the alarm is in manual mode still. I guess it didn't take the program when I programmed it for automatic mode last time. Redid the program and now it works.
Thanks again for all your help. Very much appreciated.
Bill
viffer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I really hope this is the last post from me on this topic... this is dragging out way too long.
I am trying to program the progressive locks (Menu1,Function8)... I have set it to the second option and even the third out of desperation, but when I press the unlock button on the remote one the drivers door unlocks, but a second time does nothing. I believe the remote beeps twice but I hear nothing.
I wired everything up with 3 relays.
1 - unlock drivers door
2 - lock all doors
3 - unlock remaining doors
I wired them all identically using each trigger wire from the alarm.
Are there any glaring issues in my set up??
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
which wire form the viper unit did you use for the second unlock relay?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic