icon

cap kills battery?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
How cynical Idiot! Surely people and companies wouldn't take advantage of people merely to make profit? (Maybe that's why I grew my own pots.)
There is the argument "give them what they want".
It used to be "the customer is always right" but I prefer "the customers are dikheds" - but NOTE - I'm talking of my local situation where people flock to buy capacitors, yellow tops, dc-dc converters (to charge aux batteries), "smart" isolators etc etc.   
At least caps have their purpose, but what I say is that if you need a cap, use a (small AGM) battery instead - it's cheaper and far more effective.
Yes - the solution is with proper distribution and probably a local big AGM (leaving the normal cranking battery as is) and a suitable alternator.
But even then, the caps have their validity - sometimes ever over a battery (in the same location).   
And I think we all know, one reason to include a cap is to REDUCE the SPL, so not selling caps to SPL competitors is the right thing to do. (Though then it's better selling them a HUGE cap that requires pre-charging, then leave the pre-charger in circuit. You make money, they have their essential bling so their mates don't laugh, and they win the comp.)
Anyhow, I'm off to find a smoke. I'm suffering a cold and I have a medical report here that says how tobacco helps....
spanyerd 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged  
oldspark wrote:

Anyhow, I'm off to find a smoke. I'm suffering a cold and I have a medical report here that says how tobacco helps....
Funny stuff there.
Grow your own tobacco too?
Got a burnin' for some learnin'.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
spanyerd wrote:
Grow your own tobacco too?
Don't be silly - that'd be illegal! cap kills battery? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic