Posted: September 04, 2010 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much.
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2010 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
Ah! a euro . nice.
Here is another diagram if needed.:
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_SEQUOIA_TOYOTA%20and%20LEXUS%20door%20lock%20interface.pdf
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2010 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Don't go on about Euro Cars, the Sequoia is US only. You want nasty, I did a Lumina last week, just add keyless entry. The Lumina is the Japanese domestic version of the Previa. On the Previa it's a 10 minute job. Not this one, data at the driver's door switch AND actuator, found two sets of motor wires commoned them together, found it was working on both fronts and drive side rear, had to dig out another set, different colours for the passenger rear and hatch! For obvious reasons excluding any German 2003 and on and all nasty Peugeots I find Euro cars very easy.
sequoia2006 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2010 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:
Sequoia2006,
     Yes, remove the XK01 and run the lock and unlock wires directly into the drivers door. There is plenty of room in the black rubber tube between the car body and door. You can find out how to take the door off if yo do a quick google search for "sequoia door panel removal"
Once in the door you will run your wires towards the power window switch at the armrest. This is were you make your connections. There is room for the relay there also. Turn Comfort closure on and you are good to go. Nothing else needed. Locks will work, car will arm/disarm, and now you will have windows that close when you lock the doors.
If you want to control the windows going down, then you need to run a 3rd wire in off an Auxiliary channel of your Unit. Make sure you can set that auxillary output to either stay on for as long as you hold down the button on the remote, or can be set to about 10 seconds or so.
I am assuming that I have to connect the Aux output to the unlock wire. Would that mean every time I roll down the window with the Aux button, then the door will unlock also?
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2010 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
I follow these instructions when I do this car. It was posted by a member here Chris Luongo, but on a different forum. I copied and pasted from his post:Easier than typing :)
To roll down the front windows, and open the sunroof: Connect an auxillary channel of your alarm to the GREEN/ red Unlock wire.
[Instructions for customer: First, you must unlock the driver's door using the remote. Then, press and hold the auxillary channel, until the windows are open as far as you'd like. If desired, you can then press Lock on the remote to re-lock the car and re-arm the alarm; the windows will still stay down.]
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2010 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, here is his full POST
sequoia2006 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2010 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks. I did the wiring and the comfort closure works fine. The Aux 1 also opens windows/sunroof. However, whenever I lock/arm the alarm, it'll close windows/sunroof again. I can not get it to stay down.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2010 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thats because when you turn on the comfort closure feature, EVERY time you lock the doors the windows will go up. If you want it to be your choice if they go up or not, you need to use another aux output. Connect that other aux output to the lock wire, before the relays or diodes. Then turn off comfort closure. This way you control when the windows go up by pressing the aux.
sequoia2006 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:
Thats because when you turn on the comfort closure feature, EVERY time you lock the doors the windows will go up. If you want it to be your choice if they go up or not, you need to use another aux output. Connect that other aux output to the lock wire, before the relays or diodes. Then turn off comfort closure. This way you control when the windows go up by pressing the aux.
Thanks. Got it to work now.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic