icon

2010 subaru wrx viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
According to Directechs, ONE ignition, 2 starters, BLACK/ white as I guessed is starter 1 and TWO ACCs
rlwinchester 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Unless I'm typed it out wrong, I listed the BLACK/ white on the car (keysense) as N/C. I do have the BLACK/ white neutral safety grounded to the parking brake, or do you mean a different wire on the Viper.
I'm pretty sure that I tested what you stated, disconnect one starter at a time, and cutting the WHITE/ Black on the car disabled the starter. I'll double check that though to confirm.
Yes... the Tach was learned (start the car, hold the valet switch until it goes solid, etc. - When I first started this didnt work as I had the wrong tach wire, once I fixed that it learned it).
As a side note, I'm sure the professionals had to start somewhere, and it's not like I'm a 16yr old kid thinking he's going to save a few bucks. I'm honestly am just trying to learn how all of this works because I am interested in it, and if I have to, I will bring it to a pro to "clean it up." If I mess something up, I take full responsibility. Thanks again for all of your knowledge.
rlwinchester 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Just saw your recent post, I can still get the DLPK, I do want to do it right - Is there a good place to get it, or is Amazon an ok source?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure since I'm about 3500 miles away, I would try a local DEI dealer, it may have to be flash loaded, I haven't looked into it.
rlwinchester 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Gotcha... Ok, I have an appt setup for tomorrow with a local professional installer. I'm going to try a few of the steps that you have all provided me after I get out of work tonight, but at least he will walk me through what I did wrong if I am still unsuccessful. I will post the results.
rlwinchester 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

Alright! Got it! Thank you for your assistance on this.

I don't want to admit what the real problem turned out to be as I feel like a complete idiot. After I hooked up the relay as described I still couldn't get it to turn over at all. Went though the wiring again and I mixed the BLACK/ White Neutral Safety with the Domelight one. As soon as I corrected that problem it worked perfectly! All I had to do was hook up the relay for the clutch, and in the 2010 WRX there are two switches (assuming one is used for the cruise control), and I had to of course get to the one all the way at the top which is the hardest to get.

Once again, thank you all for your help.

Bob

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
Congatulations!  The Viper 5901 is one of the more complex units.  With all you learned, the next one will be easier. 
Soldering is fun!
rlwinchester 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
For anyone that is looking for it (as I was), I will post a complete wiring diagram (with relays, diodes, etc.) after I finish up the rest tonight.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic