icon

Problems Programming Autostart Remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toni-o 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2010 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, i'm new here and this is my problem.  I bought a 04 nissan titan that came with a remote starter installed, but no remotes came with it.  I found the model number (autostart 1755v) and purchased a remote for it. I downloaded the instructions for it and tried to program the remote myself but i cant seem to even flash the hood pin.  It should have power to it, i see a blue LED light to the antenna that comes on when the vehicle is off.  The instructions say to press and hold the hood pin for 4 second and the parking lights should come on. Well the lights dont come on so i cant proceed to the next steps. The pin looks to be in good condition and i also tried it with the hood pin interrupter and nothing.  I guess it's too much me...but the instructions look easy enough...help!

calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  

is the light staying on solid always even if the truck is off ?

installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

those units are a pain to enter program mode if u are unsure how to do it. read the instructions and remember do not leave too much time inbewteen the steps.

you should hear a click per step

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  

make sure its plugged in the unit .very esay to program remotes also remove hood pin wire ground hood pin see if the lights come on clean hood pin

dragon
toni-o 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
not sure what light you're talking about, the only one that comes on is the one for the antenna which is a blue LED by the rear view.  And to the others that asked well, i removed the wire to the hood pin and it's pretty clean no rust or any type of corrosion.  I really dont know what is up?  I've tried it different ways key in key out if someone would like to see a copy of the instructions please let me know i can send it to you via email, i'm not sure how to post it here.  Any info is very much appreciated.Thank you all for your replies.
toni-o 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, a little excited here i'm on a roll!  I followed the hood pin wire (grey) to the module below the steering console, and i diconnnected the hardness with the grey wire.  After that the light on the module stayed on for a bit.  Then i tried to go through the steps and wallahhh! it worked, i was able to store the transmitter.  The down side is that i'm having trouble with it starting the vehicle.  I got it to lock/unlock, and crank but it wont start.  It cranks the truck once maybe twice but it's like it's not getting any fuel so i'm missing a step.  What do ya'll think?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  

do you have a bypass installed? ?

if yes, place a key into the ignition cylinder but do not turn it to acc or ign. and try to remote sstart it. if it starts then you need to reprogram your bypass.

Ted
Compustar Expert
toni-o 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  

yes, it does have a bypass it's a idatalink not sure what model.  I tried to do that, i put the key in and tried to start it with the remote, and it does the same thing.  It cranks but wont start, then it tries to do it again.  It will try 2 or 3 times. Doors unlock before it tries to start.

tedmond 
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

have you powered up both starter wires?

nissans and toyotas have multiple ignition and start wires. makes ure you power all of them up.

Ted
Compustar Expert
toni-o 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
what would cause them not to be powered on?  I was reading through another user instructions and i believe that when the LED light on the antenna is on, it means it's on valet mode which will prevent the vehicle from beign remote started.  So i went through a couple steps to take it off valet mode and now the LED is off.  I will attempt to start it now and see what happens.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic