icon

parking lights for compustar cm6000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gsus 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Okay, this will be my first time installing a Compustar alarm in one of my cars (ft6000-as-cont and RF-1WG5-900SH), because my 2000 Chevy Tracker is a 5spd. I've installed several DEI alarms in the past with no issues, so I'm pretty confident with installing this system. But I want to clarify the parking light wires on this system before I get to installing the system this weekend:
Connector1/pin6 - GREEN / WHITE - Parking Light (+) Output or Trunk Release (+) Output
Connector3/pin2 - ORANGE / Black - Parking Light Reminder (-) Input
From what I can gather, from the installation guide I have, the parking GREEN / WHITE wire will activate the lights for the alarm. The ORANGE / Black wire, is used so that you don't forget to turn off your lights when you're about to leave your car. (From the manual, the ORANGE / Black wire monitors the vehicle’s parking lights. It prevents the unit from setting Reservation Mode if this wire sees input.)
So would these two wires be connected to the same parking light wire? Do people not even connect this wire if the car has day light running lights?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

the GREEN / WHITE is the parking light wire, or it can be used for trunk depening on where u put the jumper.

and the parking light reminder, do not connect that with the GREEN / WHITE. as you will damage the brain.

you dont need to connect this wire.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

As Ted pointed out, you don't have to use the (-) Parking Light Reminder wire and you definitly don't want to attach them together. 

It can come in handy to prevent a dead battery if you leave the parking lights on when you set reservation mode and exit the car.  I usually set the Compustar to turn off the engine and lock the doors 10 seconds after the last door is closed.  If you walk away and listen for the engine to turn off you might not look to see if the lights are off also ( I have done this and returned to a dead battery in the morning   parking lights for compustar cm6000 -- posted image.).   In your Tracker you could use the (+) Parking Light wire in the kick panel and the CM6000 (+) Parking Light output to turn on the lights.  Then you could connect the Parking Light Reminder wire to the Trackers (-) Parking Light wire at the light switch.  But it is purely optional.

PARKING LIGHTS ( - )  GREEN from switch to RED / BLUE (-)   RED / BLUE (-) AT JUNCTION BLOCK IN LEFT KICK PANEL 

PARKING LIGHTS ( + )  RED / YELLOW (+)   AT JUNCTION BLOCK IN LEFT KICK PANEL 

Soldering is fun!
gsus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Great! Thank you guys. I'm the kind of person that likes to install every possble feature in my installs... if it seems easy enough to connect this wire and the key sense wire, I will.
My next hurdle is going to br running the 5-wire door actuators through the door boots, since the Tracker uses a molex connector at the door jam :(. Any tips for this?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2010 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  
If the molex has enough un-used pins, there is a nice how-to post with pictures somewhere on this Forum.  Takes some time but makes for a reliable, quality install.
Soldering is fun!
gsus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2010 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks once again! I will look for that how-to!
kreg357 
Posted: September 23, 2010 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

Found the Molex wiring link :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~78731~PN~1~TPN~2     parking lights for compustar cm6000 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
gsus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
You rock! Thanks a bunch! This is going to be an install fun filled weekend :)
gsus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2010 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I got it installed this weekend... The tracker is surprisingly easy to install this into. However, I'm starting to think the there might be something wrong with my system :(
The system wont learn the tach, I connected the system straight to the ECM and injector and a plug coil... the system still blinks three times when I attempted to have it learn the tach. In an effort to see if the remote start would even work, I switched the system to tachless remote start (at least I think I did, the button sequence was bizarre!) and still I'm not able to get the tracker into reservation mode.
The parking brake tests ground when it's pulled up... I'm not sure what else to do. Anybody have any suggestions?
kreg357 
Posted: October 04, 2010 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

The Compustar has to be in Tach mode for a manual transmission vehicle.  All remotes should be programmed first.  Switch back to Tach Mode first.  Menu 2 Option 10 to setting 1.  Then make sure your tach wire is connected to a good tach signal.  Verify with a Digital Multi Meter.  Should read between 1 - 6 volts AC and rise with RPM's.  Soldered connections is the only way to go under the hood.  Then do the Tach Learn sequence. 

To get into reservation mode: the car is running, shifter to neutral, clutch up, engage parking brake, remove foot from brake pedal, remove key from ignition ( car remains running ), open door and exit, close door ( all doors must be closed ).  Engine should stop and doors should lock.  If you have the hood pin and trunk trigger hooked up, those must be closed ( no ground input signal )  to get into reservation mode.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic