icon

2000 ford explorer alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fosgate2001 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Im hooking up a python alarm/remote start in the truck.
On the wiring diagram in this form it says the tach wire is tan / YELLOW at the coil But i dont have that color Wondering does someone know what color wire it is?
2nd question for the door locks on the diagram it says door lock and unlock then drivers lock/unlock and then passenger lock/unlock Do i just connect the door lock and unlock or do i need to connect all of the wires?
Any help would be greatly be appericated.
fosgate2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Next question is The ACC wire is gray / YELLOW And the second IGn is also gray / YELLOW.
There are 2 gray / YELLOW wires in the IGN harness ! of them is a thick gray / YELLOW and the other is a thin gray / YELLOW which one is which?
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
use a wire from one of the injectors for a tach signal. It is usualy the uncomon color of the two coming off the injector. The small gray / YELLOW and the thick gray / YELLOW both need to be connected. They should both test as accesory wires (off durring crank). Skip wirering up the BLACK/ green accesory wire. This wire powers the radio and wipers ect. it not necssary for remote start, Unless you need the A/C cluch to energise durring remote start. Then you will need to wire up a relay to the blk/grn or the gry/yell to create a third accesory circut.
fosgate2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
The thick gray / YELLOW Does that go to the alarms 2nd ign wire or the the acc wire?
phil6710 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

Connect the starter wires like this:

start-RED / LtBLU

ing 1-LtGRN/PURP

ACC1-small- GRY/YEL

ACC2- larger-GRAY/YEL

You should be able to program the ing2 out put of your alarm to act like an acessory output.

fosgate2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Ok cool thanks Next questions is Do i need to hook up all the wire for the door lock Like the drivers unlock/lock and passenger lock and unlock
Or can i just wire 2 wires up for the lock and unlock to control all doors?
phil6710 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
yes only hook up lock and unlock . The wires are pink / YELLOW and pink/lightgreen. They are thin 18ga wire located in drivers kick panel. They are in the large wire loom that runs to the rear of the truck. These wires are negative pulse.
fosgate2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
I appericate the help.
So the orange wire comming from the alarm says output to acc circuit that would get connected to the small gray / YELLOW correct and the pink/whit from the alarm 2nd output to ign connects to big gray/ yellow.
fosgate2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i have a couple questions first off is wheres the easy spot to find the Dark GREEN/ purple factory disarm wire?
Second on the injectors i have a red and BLACK/ blue stripe which wire do i connect the tach wire to?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
fosgate2001 wrote:
Ok i have a couple questions first off is wheres the easy spot to find the Dark GREEN/ purple factory disarm wire?
Second on the injectors i have a red and BLACK/ blue stripe which wire do i connect the tach wire to?
1. Have you tested to make sure you have a factory alarm? I think it's only the Limited and/or Eddie Bauer models that do.
2. No need to waste time running under the hood for tach. Inside the car at the firewall you'll see a bundle of wires coming in. It's next to this big charcoal gray plastic thing that looks kind of like a suitcase handle. Tach is tan / YELLOW in that harness.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic