the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 monte carlo door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpuguy06 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
godd dan it wrote:
What do you mean by triggering? The alarm goes off after a certain period of time? Or do you mean the passenger door doesnt work at all?
First thing, there is 2 different door triggers (one for the driver's, and one for the passenger's door). You need to diode isolate both door triggers. Did you do that? I did that, but im still having problems. So thats why im going to keep the diodes in and wire in relays. There's actually a wiring diagram for it.
Triggering meaning when the system is armed and I manually unlock the drivers door and open the door it sets the alarm off (like its supposed to). However, when I arm the system and manually unlock the passenger door and open it the alarm doesn't go off. I did diode isolate BOTH door triggers (band on diode facing towards car), but the passenger door still doesn't work. Suggest relay for the passenger door? Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
No, meter the alarm to see if it responds when the passenger door is opened, i.e set meter to low ohms or continuity buzzer, one probe to either the ECU that correct wire goes to other probe to the door trigger terminal or wire on your unit (green wire). Then open that door.If open circuit you've made a mistake.
Then to double check place one probe end to a good ground, other end to the same green wire.
Again should go to ground when door opens.
You will NOT need a relay.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Actually, reverse the order of the above tests,
The first tells you if the factory switch is O.K.
the second tells you if your wiring is O.K.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic