icon

99 alero avital 4113

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timo123451 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

I will be installing an avital 4113 in our 99 Alero soon. I have a question on the 4 pin satellite harnes. The instructions seem to be very vague. As far as I can tell I don't think I need to hook any of these up? Any ideas? Thanks

blue - status output

orange - accessory output

purple - starter output

pink  - starter output

The car has no alarm and I'm only hooking up the remote start nothing else.

Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

Think that has Passlock2?  You'll use the Blue wire for your status (GWR) input on the antitheft interface.

the Pink/White wire on the 4113 could be programmed for either a second igniton or second accessory.

If you need 2 ignitons, and 2 accessories for the wiring on that vehicle, you'll want to use either the Pink, or Orange wire on that small harness to trigger a relay for the additional circuit

timo123451 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
It does have the passlock and I am using a module from express kit to bypass it. I will be using the d2d connection so I'm hoping I don't have to use those wires. Am I right? :)
Mark Mizenko 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

There ARE 2 ignitions, and 2 accessorys circuits on that vehicle,

And like I said... that RS has an extra Ignition output, but you'll want to add a second accessory relay, using that Org wire on that small harness.   Some people dont power all the circuits,  but I'd advise you to, to avoid problems.

And it has PASSLock 2.

timo123451 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
This 4113 does have a second igniton and a second accessory that I will be hooking up from the unit, these wires are all rated at 30 amps.  The four wires that I am describing in this post are only maybe 18 gague or smaller. I think I will just hook everything up and see how it goes. It just seems odd that the manual doesn't give much info on these 4 wires but a good description on everything else.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
That module has a Pink ig1, Pink/Whi Ig2, and an Orange for accessory, you need ANOTHER accessory, and you use the Orange wire on that small harness to trigger that additional relay as a second accessory.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
Timo, listen to Mark he's done millions of them. Don't think that people like us are being funny or telling you too much detail, I never see any Chevys over here(well maybe the Holden/Vauxhall/Pontiac and the new Saab/Vauxhall Insignia/Buick Regal) but even I know that if you don't connect ALL of those you will get warning light problems, also pros generally don't use D2D, we go the W2W route, it's more reliable.
Remember what Mark says, the devil's in the detail.
timo123451 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
Any suggestions on a good relay to use for that second accessory?
Mark Mizenko 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

A decent quality 5 pin relay with a socket.       Pop the Orange wire out.  Red and Yellow to one of the reds on the module.  The black to the Orange from that small harness, and then run the Brown along with the other ignition harness wires from the module.  There ya go, now you got a second accessory.

What interface are you using?  You can connect them at that ignition harness wiring right there instead of D2D (which gives people problems sometimes).  You dont need many connections at the module for PASSLock2.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
Radio Shack 275-001.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic