icon

xpressalarm in 2000 corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cj10 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
I'm new to this forum so i hope I am posting in the right place. I am trying to install my first car alarm system. I have an Xpress DX370 alarm system. I have the following questions:
1) On the wiring diagram that came with the installation manual, there are two wires for the door locks. One is a light green which has a designated as "connect to(-) Lock & (+) Unlock" and another one light blue wire designated as "'connect to (-) unlock & (+) lock." from this website, I was able to see for the wiring diagram for the car that the door lock is a light blue/white (-) wire and door unlock is a blue / YELLOW (-) wire. Am I correct to connect the light green from the alarm to the light blue/white from the car and the light blue wire from the car the blue / YELLOW wire from the car? sorry i'm new.
2) on the car alarm there is a relay that i can connect for the low current wire to the car's starter selenoid. where is this low current wire on my corolla? color and location please...
thanks
CJ
cj
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

1) you are correct. The locks trigger with a negative pulse in your car.

2) If your alarm came with a starter kill relay it connects to the alarm. The starter wire at the ignition harness gets cut in half and you wire it thru the relay. There is no "low current" wire in your car. I am not familiar with your alarm and don't know colors...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply. i will do the connection and hopefully this will work. cross my fingers. You know when i look at the alarm wire diagram connection for the door lock, it look strange when a wire is designated for example (-) unlock & (+) lock. is this means this wire will change polarity when i armed the car (to lock the door) to (+) and when I disarmed the car to (-) when I disarm? If so, this does not seem to happen (to reverse polarity) when i tried to read the output with my voltage meter. thx.
cj
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 4:48 AM / IP Logged  
It's a cheap and simple way of using low current "flip flop" devices instead of more expensive, lees problematical and more versatile internal relay driven devices. Yes they will provide both polarities but on European cars with lots of processor feedback I use diodes to "condition" them. i.e. 1N4004 in each wire with the diode bands towards the alarm, one of those diodes should be also mounted from 85 to 86 terminals of the starter cut relay if they provided you with one.
The instructions for that product sound like Chinglish...good luck.
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2010 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 2000 toyota corolla. i've reviewed the wiring information i downloaded from this website. i'm going crazy as i can't find one single RED / white wire under the kick panel or near the fuse box that will trigger a ground when any of the doors are open. can someone please show me a pic where this one single RED / wire exists? i've spend two hours trying to isolate for this one wire. thx.
cj
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 04, 2010 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
9 times out of 10 the all door trigger wire will go to the domelight.  That wire will usually get to the domelight by traveling up the A pilllar of the vehicle.  That usually happens on the drivers side of the vehicle.  Look for the wires as high up as you can see.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2010 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
I found the easiest spot on that car to be the drivers A pillar. You can reach up behind the fuse box to get it where it comes down from the A pillar but it's a tough reach....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2010 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for your replies. I am an amateur so please bear with me. What is an A pillar that you folks all talk about? Now suppose I do find this wire before the dome light will this work? The reason I say this is because on my corolla, the dome light by design will stay ON a few minutes after I close the door.
Thx and Aloha.
cj
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2010 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
This website describes a RED / white wire for the trunk trigger wire but there is no indication where I can find it. As with the door trigger wire (for all doors), where is this wire? Thx.
cj
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  
Okay. i found out what is the "A" pillar. Also i found out that my trunk lock does not have a trigger wire so I had to install a pin switch. I finally were able to get the alarm to work without any problem. Thx all for your assistance.
cj
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic