icon

2006 mishibishi outlander tach wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
Check the installation guide, if your vehicle is an auto, have you programmed it as such?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  

Connect H3/2 to +12v constant.  It supplies the Flex relay power.

Connect Remote Start Input Pin 2 Violet/White Tach input wire to a verified Tach source.  Make sure Viper is set to Tach Mode. ( Menu 3 Menu Item 2 Option 4. )  Start with key and do Tach Learn process.

Connect the Remote Start Input Pin 1 BLACK/ White Neutral Safety switch wire to chassis ground. ( Assuming automatic transmission )

Still assuming automatic transmission, did you change Menu 3 Menu Item 1 to Option 2?

Soldering is fun!
buddyle2002 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
HEAVY GAUGE REMOTE START (H3) 8 PINS CONNECTOR
H3/1 pink----------------to ignition Blue/Black
H3/2 RED / white-----------to NOT CONNECT
H3/2 RED / white also connected to 12 volt and still getting the 7 beeps.
H3/3 orange--------------to accessory 1 Blue/Red
this H3/3 Blue/Red in the car is NOT accessory wire. when I turn the key to ACC; no power going through. then I turn to next turn and power came in through.
H3/4 violet--------------to starter BLACK / YELLOW
H3/5 red-----------------to 12 volt
H3/6 pink/white----------to accessory 2 Blue / YELLOW NOT SURE TO THE RIGHT CONNECTION???
I don't have any way to test the 2nd accessory wire from the car.
H3/7 pink/black----------to NOT CONNECT
H3/8 RED / black-----------to 12 volt
I verified the Negative wire, it's fine. the weird thing is I never see a primary connection for remote start doesn't have the large negative wire, real odd...unless I missed some how. the only 2 wires go to ground is the orange from 791 and negative from h1/5.
I still can't find which of the wire is go to the tach. but i think the car will try to start without the tach wire right?
Could it be the remote module is in manual car mode...my vehicle is automatic. I read the manual instruction and not able to under stand how to change the mode to automatic. are there any easier instruction out there? Viper is good brand, but they installation instruction really need to prove, too damn long and complicated. thank you so much for your help guys....i try to prepare before the winter come for my kids early morning school.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  

The best way to test wires in your vehicle is with a Digital Multi Meter.  A plain circuit tested ( with a 12 volt light bulb and even some with LEDs ) will draw too much current and could damage the computer circuits in the vehicle.  Just guessing will damage more.

Re H3/3 and the ACC wire.  The correct accesssory wire will show +12v in the ON position and will go to 0v in the Start position.  It might show +12v in the ACC position, however things like Heat / AC fans, compressors, etc are not powered in the ACC position.  The sources I checked indicate you have two ACC wires, Blue/Red and Blue / YELLOW.   Did you change the Flex Relay option over to ACC2 from IGN2?  (The car should start without any ACCs connected.)

Seven blink error code says you are in Mantual Transmission mode.  See earlier post for programming option to change.

While Tach Mode is the most reliable, you could try to run it in Voltage or Virtual Tach mode.  Again, a DMM is the best way to locate and verify a Tach wire.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
As with a lot of other newbies, reading my bye line below would solve an awful lot of problems before you contact us, also RTFM.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic