icon

python 5702p on 1996 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cadillacmob 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Hi im new to the  car security  scene, but ive always been interested.  I have a pretty good understanding of auto electric and thought ide try to put my alarm in my self.   The  alarm has remote start , alarm, and keyless entry.   Currently my truck has just power locks.  Has any one ever installed the python 5702.  I think its the same as the 991 but not sure.  And can anyone give me some guidance on this alarm, or should i leave it to the pros.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

The truck is straight forward and faily easy to do.   Does your truck have factory remote keyless entry or just power door locks?  That will make a difference in the install. 

The Viper 5702 is a fairly sophisticated system.  You will need the install guide and spend some time getting familiar with the terminology and unit.  There is a lot to know.

While more expensive, having the system installed by an authorized Viper dealer gets you a lifetime warranty.

Soldering is fun!
cadillacmob 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
my truck does not have factory keyless entry, and there is no chip in the key.  I bought the system online for $204  brand new and shipped, so i would have to bring it in somewhere. What do you think average price  would be to install  this in my truck?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

As a guess, probably around $175.  There are many places that might not want to install a customer supplied unit.  ( Horror stories of re-furb units from auction sites, etc. )

If you can solder, have some automotive tools to disassemble the dash area and want to learn, this would be a good opportunity.  You would need some extra relays and a fuse holder for the door locks.  The diagrams are on this site :  https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#5w

Here is a link to Bulldog Security for wire guide :   http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

Here is a link to AudioVox for their wire guide  :  http://techservices.audiovox.com/Login.aspx   Sign-up is free.

This site also has the info :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/872.html

Check around at your local shops and ask.

Soldering is fun!
chrisnepa 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

I would charge $200 to install a customer's alarm/remote startert. Not including any extra parts like relays. You may need to 5-wire the door locks if it never had factory keyless. If it did, then it should be negative trigger door locks.

The hardest part about doing your first job is figuring out which of the wires you need and don't need. It's that huge bunch of wires in the new unit that gets most rookies in trouble. They think they need to hook up every single wire. You don't.

Been installing for 15 years

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic