icon

06 ford taurus, 556uw

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paul h 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to put an Omega 556uw on a 06 tauras and it is kicking my butt!! Anyone have any tips/ideas for me? It has a red for power, blue/white it shows is ignition ground.....green for keysense.
He is wanting this for ignition bypass for remote start and to use a plain cut key instead of chipped key. I cannot get the car to recognize the unit and it keeps tripping the theft light.
Does anyone have any ideas or can help me with this please??
Thanks in advance!!!!!
paul h 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
And I forgot to say....I am wiring the blue/white to solid ground so that it would work for an all time bypass not just remote start. One wiring diagram I found shows a (-) keysense, BLACK/ pink and another shows n/a so I wasn't sure....I tried both ways and nothing......
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
If you wire the GWR to constant negative won't the module be active all the time? Use a relay to switch the polarity, or if he wants it permanent, why not remove the shaft of the key by grinding and attach the head of the key around the barrel? Eliminates a possible bypass failure that would leave him stranded.
xxunknownxx 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
If u want to use a regular key this is what ya do.
Red - Ignition1
Blue/White (Activation Input) - Ground
This should turn the 556u on everytime you turn the key instead of it being on all the time. If it stays on all your battery will most likely die if you dont start it up at least once every day. Also make sure those are the only wires you're connecting....nothing else from the 556u should be connected.
xxunknownxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Also if the bypass ever malfunctions you can just go under the dash and yank your transponder key out of the box and start the car up.
xxunknownxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Oh shoot triple post. I forgot to tell uyou to also ground the black wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
And even easier, throw away the by-pass and mount the chip on the plastic antenna cowling around the key. Since on any of these approaches you will disable the transponder immobiliser why not do it the cheapest and least harmful way.
chrisnepa 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
In '06, I don't believe there is an access "door" for the pellet. The ignition triggered bypass solution above is probably the best way to do it. If you can get to the pellet, (It's inside the plastic part of the key) remove it and hot glue it to the immobilizer ring at the ignition switch.
Been installing for 15 years
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
European Fords had a red tag on the "basic" key, pull the red tag and out came the chip.
Epoxy is better in the long term than hot glue.
chrisnepa 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  

He's from the US, so I doubt he has a European Ford.

American Fords don't have this "red tag". I've never even heard of this red tag. I'd be curious to see one.

And true, epoxy would be best, but perhaps it's a bit of overkill? I mean, superglue will work too. I've seen idiots do it with electrical tape. LOL.

Been installing for 15 years
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic