icon

99 alero ignition and 12v supply wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timo123451 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
I' m using the wires that come through the firewall to hook up my avital 4113. I have found two heavy gage pink wires that are ignition, two heavy orange for accessory and 4 heavy red wires for 12v. My question is do I just need to connect to one of the pinks and oranges or do both need to be tied in. Also will I be able to  use any 2 of the heavy gage reds for my 12v supply? Thanks
chrisnepa 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

Don't use the wires coming through the firewall. Instead, remove the radio. To the left of the radio, you'll see the ignition switch. You can detach the ignition switch to gain more room to work. I've even broken some of the plastic housing for the radio to get more room. Also, you need to go there to get the Passlock wires. It's the easiest way to do it.

Been installing for 15 years
timo123451 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
I actually took out the radio last night and hooked up a second ignition and the second accessory.  I only get to work on this car a few hours a night and then it has to be ready to drive so I'm doing a little at a time. It's so much easier to get at the wires coming out of the firewall, many others on this forum do it that way. I will just do a little more checking tonight but I'm positive that I can catch the accessory, ignition and starter wire down by the firewall.  I don't install remote starts for a living but I'm guessing an alero has to be one of the bigger pain in the asses to work on! :)  It was a f&$#cking pain just to solder those two wires up last night, I didn't pull out the iginition switch I just stuck my fat hands in there and did it.! I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic