icon

2011 kia sorento

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisnepa 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

So far, I've come up with all blanks for this. Nothing from Code Alarm or DEI tech support, and no Kia TSBs.

I put a stand alone remote starter in a 2011 Kia Sorento. The keyless doesn't work while running, so I wired it to be able to be unlocked by my system while running. To do this, I was required to cut the lock/unlock detection wire, and then diode isolate them and use a relay. Worked great. Alarm disarmed, door unlocked.

Later, the customer tells me that the interior turn signal and 4 way flasher lights in the dash weren't working, but the outside lights do still work. I've checked everything over, and all connections are correct. The only tie in I can see is that the factory alarm flashes the turn signals when arming and disarming, and therefore flashes the interior indicators as well.

So, in an effort to repair it, I removed the unit, reconnected the only wire I cut, (lock/unlock detection wire) and basically put it all back to factory. Still no interior turn signal indicator, and the outside lights still work.

I'm baffled at this point. I consider myself a very good troubleshooter, I've even given solutions to Code Alarm and DEI for stuff that I figured out that they didn't know about.

Did anyone ever encounter this, or, can someone think of something that I can be missing?

Thanks in advance.

Been installing for 15 years
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you connect the alarm's "parking lights" wire?
and did you use a (+) or (-) pulse?
chrisnepa 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Blue at the steering column harness coming from the switch. It was negative.
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
I assume you already double checked ALL engine and acc fuses.
So from here we gotta test the dash lights themselves.
do the lights work when you turn on the HAZARD flasher on?
chrisnepa 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Everything checked out. All connections are correct. Everything on the factory side works as well. Just not the turn signal/hazard interior indicators. That's the only problem. I could see if the exterior lights didn't work as well, but they do. No blown fuses on either side, car or my unit.
timo123451 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if this will help or not but you can go onto kia's website  www.kiainfotech.com and possibly find some info, maybe a tsb or something. I use the site quite a bit, you never know what you might find1 :)
chrisnepa 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate your help, but that's a dead link.
timo123451 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

I had it switched around.

http://www.kiatechinfo.com/

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2010 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
did you check the fuse in the IPM (FUSE BOX) marked Room LP 10A that feeds the indicators and turn buzzer. It should have power at all times.   If the fuse is good check the IPM out put its in connector IP-E 26 pin plug   pin 16 should be GREEN/ orange again should be 12 at all times
other than that it looks to be data controlled between the IPM and the IC you may have fried something
as far as the lock/unlock dection wire ive never cut it. I split the unlock output using diodes and send an unlock pulse to the Yellow/Black pin 2 middle plug in the back of the IPM is that the wire you used ?    Ive done around 8 of these like this no problems so far.   The new sportage is the same way ive done about 5 of those no problems.    The soul is the same way too   done about 10 of those
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
chrisnepa 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2010 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

Ok. Update time. Turns out there is a bulletin from Kia on this. Any time there is a power surge, not even one strong enough to pop a fuse, something can quit. It could be parking lights, it could be turn signals. It's totally random. The one thing I didn't do that I normally do, I never disconnected the battery. Service pulled that fuse for the dash, waiting a little bit, put it back, and PRESTO! Everything worked.

Now I get to go back there and put the remote starter back in for free... YAY ME!! LOL!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic