have a 530t old installer here

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steeda911 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2010 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  

Hey there fellas,

I was a installer for 8.5 years with two major electronic stores and also with a custom shop, but I will admit it has been awhile since I have installed anything.  I have a few questions about the 530T that I want to install into my truck.  First off I have a 04 lighting with a Viper 790xv installed in it.  First off with out looking at the install manual (I have it in my tool box but not infront of me, how many channels does this alarm have on it)?  I was checking to see how to properly set up the one touch windows up and down.  I know if I run the wires to the driver side master switch I will have one touch for both the driver and passenger window but how do I also get one touch to work on the passenger side switch (on the passesnger side).  I know I will probably have to run wires to the passenger side window switch but if I do that will I loose the passenger one touch option from the driver side (the master switch on the driver side.)  Basically I want one touch to work for all both windows in the truck and from both switches on both sides of the truck.  I don't remember if this is possable. 

My other question is I don't remember how many channels are on this remote.  That will lead into my other question. I know with the 530t the windows will roll up when I arm the alarm. I also know I can keep with windows down and still arm the alarm buy pushing the aux button first.  What I do want to know is do I have enough channels and can I control the windows to roll up without arming the alarm.  I was also wondering is there a way for the windows to roll up when the alarm is armed and the windows are down but only the warn away chip goes off.  I honestly do not remember if they go up with the warn away. I don't think or remember if there is a long enough pulse to roll them up with the warn away chirp. 

steeda911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2010 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  

oh one other thing about the 530t. I remember something about hooking up the 530t to a wire or using a relay to bypass sensors (such as the shock sensor) so the windows do not set off the alarm.

Thanks again in advance for all your help

Kris

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2010 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
Haven't done a 791 but there should be enough aux outputs to do what you want, e.g. the orange armed out for closing on armed, parallel another timed aux out put (diode separate)for any time closing.
If you wire this correctly, i.e. to each set of motor wires you will have one touch up and down from all three switches.
I believe the 791 automatically shuts down external e.g. prox, shock etc during the R/S sequence or at least the first 10 seconds.
steeda911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2010 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  

Howie II,

I just wanted to say thanks for your help with the 530T. I wired the 530T directly to the motors and now I have one touch operation from all the swithces in the truck.  Right now the 530T is wired up so when the alarm is armed the windows roll up or if I push the aux first then arm they will stay down (pretty standard). I will go ahead and wire in a paralled aux  output so I can control the windows to roll up when I want them to without having to always arm the alarm.  If I just use a timed aux output that should work correct (using diodes as needed). I did not notice today but do you know if the windows roll up when the alarm gives a warning chirp or goes into full alarm mode.  If they do not how do I get them to roll up?  Do I just need to find a - output when the alarm is going off and send it to the 530T.  My one other problem I am having is that right now the 530T is hooked up to the RED / white wire off the alarm.  I know this is a validity output.  When I hit the aux button the windows crack like they should and if I keep holding it the windows will roll down.  The problem I am having is the driver window (I do not believe the passenger has done it yet) the driver windows will stop about 1 inch before it is all the way down.  I have adjusted the toggle switches but still does the same thing.  If I push the window down it will go down all the way. I have lubed up the window track and mechanism.  Should I change this to a timed output so it sends a signal longer (maybe that will help to roll the window down.  The window rolls down properly with the one touch switch, the only issue is when I am using the remote off the alarm.

any help or advice would be great

Thanks

Kris

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2010 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
First point, I don't know but isn't there a second low current horn out put on the 791, if so use that to feed a 528t timer set for say 10-12 secs to bring your windows up on trigger.
Second point use an aux output rather than the RED / white timed again 10-12 secs, or you'd lose one convenience feature by using the orange GWA output to trigger the 530t.
Does your 530t have DIP switches, you could also play with them to sort out the 2".
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2010 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
Howie, he is using a 790. The older brother to the 791. The 790 did not have a separate horn output.
Ford truck windows require a lot of current, especially as they get older. You need to keep the ground wire to the 530T short and to a very solid point with the paint removed. Do not ground it in the door if you mounted the module in the door. You usually want to use thicker power wire for the 530T, Run directly to the battery. I think the wire on the module is 12 or 14 gauge. I would suggest running a fused 8 or 10 gauge from the battery.
Then you will need to put the dip switches to the highest setting. If doing all that doesn't work, there is a resistor modification trick to the circuit board that puts it to an even higher setting than "high".   I only remember seeing the tech sheet for it, I never actually had to do it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
All valid points JW, NEVER ground to a bolt in a door, if you have to cheat use the ground at the window switch but that's moot in this case when I suggested running the leads to both windows, one assumes our poster mounted the 530 inside the vehicle.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, lack of knowledge of the 790, then our friend could use the regulat horn output via a relay to flip the polarity.
steeda911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys thanks for all the input.  Yea I mounted the 530T in the door but I did not ground it in the door.  Learned many years ago that was a big NO NO! Anyway it is funny JWorm you mentioned about running power to the battery.  I could not figure out why I could not get this window to roll down so I checked my ground (all good), voltage looked good.....HMMMM...... lets try this. I ran a wire over to my battery to just try it real quick......and BAM it worked...So I went ahead and changed out the power wire (put in 10gauge) I had running through the door and ran the 10 gaguge to the battery. 

Thanks for all your help guys, I know have complete control of my windows up and down seperatly and rolled up when I arm the arm.  Well why I was in there I decided to upgrade my alarm.  I went ahead and ordered the 5902, so I hope it will be here in a few days.  Did not really need to I guess but oh well.

You two have a great day

Kris

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic