07 saturn ion2 problem with remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kakarotsaiyan 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2010 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I am hoping one of you brainiacs can help me! I have just installed an avistart 4113 into an automatic 2007 saturn ion2. This is my problem:

When I press the start button on the remote the car acts like its going to start. All the lights on the dash come on and the parking lights flash. You can hear the fuel pump and you can hear the starter motor click but it won't attempt to crank the engine. It attempts this a few times and then gives up. It seems the remote start is working properly apart from being able to actually turn the engine. I believe I have connected the PLJX bypass module correctly. Am I missing something? It would be most appreciated if somebody could review my wiring as follows:

Have I connected something wrong or missed something maybe? lol I must have since it won't start!

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Heavy Guage Relay Wiring Harness:

- remote start pink (ignition) connected to blue wire at ignition switch

- remote start purple (starter) connected to PLJX violet start wire

- orange (accessory) connected to brown at ignition switch

- red 12v (input) connected to 12v constant at fuse box c1 pin 37

- pink and white (programable accessory or ignition) connected to PLJX pink ignition

- red 12v input connected to 12v constant at fuse box c1 pin 34

4 Pin Satelite Harness:

- blue status output connected to PLJX brown (ground when running) - connected after programming

- orange (-) accessory output - Not Connected

- purple  (-) starter output - Not Connected

- pink (-) starter out put - Not Connected

Primary Harness H1:

- Light green and black factory alarm disarm - Not Connected

- Green and white factory rearm - Not Connected

- Yellow (+) ignition out (to alarm) - Not Connected

- white and blue (-) activation input - Not Connected

- Brown (-) horn output - Not Connected

- Orange (-) ground when locked - Not Connected

- Red and white (-) trunk release output - Not connected

- Black (ground) connected to directly to ground chasis

- White (+) light flash connected to brown (+) parking lights at headlight switch

Remote Start Harness H2:

- Black and white neutral saftey switch connected directly to ground with switch

- Violet and white tach input connected to  white wire on ignition module in engine bay (tried virtual tach first, did not work)

- brown brake switch connected to light blue in drivers kick panel (going to rear of car)

- Gray (-) hood pin connected to hood pin switch connected to  ground

- Blue and white (-) second status/rear defogger output - Not Connected

Door Lock Harness 3 Pin:

- green (-) lock output - not available

- empty not used

- blue (-) unlock output - Not Connected

PLJX Bypass Module:

- Brown connected to blue remote start status wire

- blue connected to ECM side of white wire at ignition switch

- violet connected to purple remote start (starter wire) 

- Pink and white connected to key side of white wire at ignition switch

- Pink (ignition) connected to pink and white prgramable accessory or ignition on remote start module

- red connected to constant 12v at fuse box

- black connected directly to ground

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
Your starter output is GREEN that's why it won't start.
You cut the starter wire, Purple acts as key side input and Green as starter output.
kakarotsaiyan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for you reply , but im not sure what you mean?

Which Green wire? i dont have one. The only green wire is coming from the PLJX bypass which says dont connect.

The ignition has Blue, Brown, Orange, White and WHITE/ black. am i misreading what your saying?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I though this unit had a built in starter kill, forget what I said, just make sure you don't have 2 starter and/or ignition leads.
kakarotsaiyan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

Ahh i see ok, well ive gone over everything again and i cant understand why it wont crank?? Anyone have any ideas? I have stood at the engine bay and pressed start ( holding the hood pin down of course) and you hear the starter motor engage but its like its not being supplied with the current or something to turn it? is it the start wire that sends the high current charge to the starter motor to crank the engine? i know it cant be anything too drastic as everything works like it should except for being able to actually turn the engine over.

I would be super greatful if anyone could throw a few suggestions or ideas my way? Thanks

kakarotsaiyan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
SOLVED IT!!!
Hello again,
just wanted to come back and post for anyone else that ends up with this problem or is installing a remote start on any 03 - 07 saturn ion.
My problem was when programming the PLJX to the car i was holding the program button in when it was running and on the run posistion to fix my problem i just simply had to hold the key in the start position not letting it go back to run position while setting the program button. After doing so the car started no problem from the button :)
So anyone that is installing a remote starter on the saturn ion can reference to the colors i used and connected too above and it should work fine.
Cheers for your help guys.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic