icon

complete but remote not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
criper 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2010 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

I just finished installing a Python Responder One in a 09 Nissan Rouge.  For the bypass, i'm using a ADS-AL CA.

The install went well, and the ADS module seemed to take the programming steps as documented.

The problem is that I am getting no response from the transmitter.  When I click the button, a very feint red led blinks once.  No response from the brain.  It appears that it is not communicating with the brain.  I double checked the attenna connections, everything seems fine.  I also tried to re-sync the transmitter, but again, during the step where i'm suppose to press the transmitter, the brain doesn't seem to reconize it, and the programing is exited.

Any help is appreciated.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2010 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

Not familiar with the Python unit.  Is there only one remote transmitter FOB?  If there are two, are both doing the same thing?  If there is only one FOB, have you tried new battery(s)?

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  
Don't you have to programme the remotes during installation?
criper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  

I do have two.  They both do the same thing.  I didn't actually try new batteries, but i checked their voltage.  They are fine.

The install guide says they come programmed.  But since they weren't working I have been trying to reprogram (re-sync) them.  Step 3 is press the transmitter, but their is no response and the brain doesn't seem to learn the remote.  I've tried both a quick press, and holding the button for a long period.

Here are the steps i'm attempting to program the remotes.

1. Turn ignition on

2. Press and release the program button once.  Press and hold the program button  (The unit blinks and horn honks, so far so go.)

3. While still holding the program button, press the remote button.  (Here I get no feedback from the unit, no led, no horn.  Also no different feedback from the remote, just a feint red blink)

4. Release the program button

criper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  

I've been reviewing my wires and notice that the door status output (-) on the bypass is not hooked to anything on the remote start.  I don't see a wire on the remote start that says anything about door status.  Could that be a problem?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
It should be connected to the green on your Python, without that you wouldn't be able to do any programming.
criper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

Here is what i have on the python remote start for green wires.

GREEN / WHITE: Rearm (-)  I have this wire connected to the arm wire on the bypass.  I've tested this and when grounded it locks the doors.

GREEN/ Black: Disarm (-) I have this wire connected to the disarm wire on the bypass. I've tested this and when grounded it unlocks the doors.

Green: Door lock (-) Not connected to anything.  Is this the right wire?  Doesn't this wire send a signal to lock the doors? 

criper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

After some more research here, I am pretty sure that the green door lock wire on the remote start should not be connected to the door status output wire on the bypass.  I don't see anything on the Python's manual that lists a door status wire. 

Any one have any other ideas?  Could it be a defective unit?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Then that green door trigger wire should go to the door trigger wire(s).
criper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

The bypass has one set of wires for arm/lock and disarm/unlock.  I hooked them up the remote start arm and disarm wires.  Do i need to combine the lock and arm wires on the remote start and hook them up to the arm/lock wire on the remote start?

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic