Where in Florida are you?
inventour 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
I'm in Palm Beach.
You know of any good shops here?
Thanks, Russ
2000 E350-SS-ExplorerExt-7.3LPSD-3:55LS-AutoMeterPhantomGuages-Pyro-Boost-Tranny+Hobbs-4"SSMagnaFlow 19"SharpLCD-DVD-KVHTrackVision-SAT/NAV-62Gallon/2Tanks-Kenwood9140-Alpine
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
That would have been me in 1983, I lived in Wellington! There was a shop I knew in Ft. Lauderdale with long experience of Clifford product going back to the late 80s, P.S. Chris look at the post on Saab 9-5
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
I've just Googled North Miami to W.Palm, I can't find the shop I was thinking of but one name came up, Cartronics, off 167th. in North Miami Beach, I obviously can't speak of their quality but I know they were around in the late 1970s so that does tell you something. BTW are German Autos BMW still trading in W.Palm Beach? Used to do work for them, I know Vista in Pompano and the Collection in South Miami are still there, all old customers of mine.
inventour 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2010 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the Notes Gents,
I just found an installer who only sells viper and knows the system inside-out, does not even need to look at the instructions because he has installed so many. That's what I was looking for.
He told me 200.00 plus any extra components I want to install, the window-open mod, etc.
So I will keep you all posted on the install.
And, could you name some plug-n mods that would be worth it to install,
like the
Directed Electronics 520T Back-Up Battery System
Install Essentials 507M Tilt Sensor
Install Essentials 620V Viper Electro Luminescent Indicator
Install Essentials 530T Window Automation System
And I also want a Loud, Very Loud Siren, is the Siren good that comes with the 5902?
Another thing, I have a high quality Police Strobe Light system on the Van, it has 4 strobes in the front and 4 strobes in the rear using 2 switches front/rear.made by, Nova ULTRAPAK 185 Watt 8 Head Power Supply has great power. I believe there is a connection on his head unit to allow the Alarm to flash the strobes when it goes off.
Think I should hook them up?
Thanks, Russ
2000 E350-SS-ExplorerExt-7.3LPSD-3:55LS-AutoMeterPhantomGuages-Pyro-Boost-Tranny+Hobbs-4"SSMagnaFlow 19"SharpLCD-DVD-KVHTrackVision-SAT/NAV-62Gallon/2Tanks-Kenwood9140-Alpine
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2010 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you will have a horn out put, use that IMO the only accessory worth while on your list is the 530t, I would add air horns the 507M and a 508d dual zone prox.
inventour 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the notes,
I ended up buying the following:
DEI 506T I.T. Audio Sensor
DEI 507M Tilt Sensor
DEI 508D Radar Field Disturbance Sensor
DEI 509U Ultrasonic Sensor Kit
DEI 520T Back-Up Battery System
DEI 528T Pulse Timer Relay
DEI 530T Window Automation System
This way the installer has everything and we can
decide what not to use.
I will also bring my own boxes of connectors, 3M Heat Shrink,
container of wire spools, 10Ga. power feeds & Fuse Blocks,
Kester Solder & my iron, and I printed all the wiring diagrams
I could find for the 2000 E350 7.3L Diesel Van.
Amazon had good prices on the Mods and I have the Prime Shipping
with the free 2 day delivery. I love the Prime Shipping Club, All overnight packages are only 3.99 each. It's only 79.00 a year. I buy a lot from Amazon so it pays for itself quickly.
I will remove the two front door panels before I go for the installation.
My Diesel Van has 2 Batteries, one under the hood and the 2nd under the van on the frame.
Does anyone know of the Company that makes the "Car Disable" system via telephone call? Like the one used on Bait-Car TV Show?
I guess it's called a carjacking system?
Thanks, Russ
inventour 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
Here is the updated list of Components.
Viper 5902 (July 2010 Build)
DEI 506T I.T. Audio Sensor
DEI 507M Tilt Sensor
DEI 508D Radar Field Disturbance Sensor
DEI 509U Ultrasonic Sensor Kit
DEI 520T Back-Up Battery System
DEI 528T Pulse Timer Relay
DEI 530T Window Automation System
DEI 629T Scanning Led Module (Red)
DEI 556UW Universal Immobilizer Bypass for Remote Start
DEI 8619 Directed Electronics Light Flasher Assembly
Installing this week
inventour 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
System Installed,
The Remote Start is great, allows for the glow-plugs to light-up then fire, and the Turbo Timer Cool-Down is great. I have it set for about 4.5 minutes. I have the Toggle Switch Kill for the Remote Start in case of a worker under the hood.
The Head unit is in a hard place to get to, it's very hard to find any wires on the install, I'm very impressed. The Remote Start is set for 10 minutes to allow the A/C to get cold. When you tap on the brakes the Remote Start turns off. While the remote start is running it also lights the tail lights and the front turn signal lights. All you need to do is install the key and turn while running, it does not crank the starter again.
When the alarm goes off it turns on the Viper Siren and my Hella Horns, plenty loud and annoying.
Overall I am pleased with the Viper 5902v, it is good quality.
The range is great, works from my property, I will test it on a store this week.
The alarm lights work great, runs the tail-lights, my Nova 1858 UltraPak 8 Strobe-Light system and looks great.
Anyone with a diesel, the 5902 has the turbo timer for the cool-down and is well worth it just for that. I usually had to wait about 5 minutes for the temps to cool down to 300 before I shut it down.
Thanks Everyone,
Next project is the Whelen HHS2200 Police Siren and Light Controller Hand Held
alarm needed for a e 350 ford van - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic