icon

left rear door trigger '02 ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lins 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2010 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab. All wiring info says either tan/orange or PURPLE / orange for the left/rear door trigger. I only see a PURPLE / orange wire, but I don't get ground, I only get a pulse for something else (door open or closed). I know the '02 is inconsistent for a lot of things as it was the first year with the new body style. Just hoping someone else might have found the wire. I have the other 3 doors covered. Thanks in advance.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2010 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
Where are you getting the wire? Try looking right at the B pillar and see what you find...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
lins 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
Under the dash by the drivers' kick panel. All the other wires are there except for the wires on the r/h side of the truck. I guess I'll try getting the truck inside to warm up and pop off the B pillar panels. Thanks.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2010 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
I did one of those a couple of weeks ago---I don't remember exactly what year it was, but it was similar to yours. It might have been a 2005 or so.
Anyway, here's what I did.
If you drop the driver's dash and go to where you connected the main ignition wires, look up, a little toward the left. You can actually see a little bit of the wiring that goes into the instrument cluster.
All four door trigger wires go into the cluster. You can open up that harness and they should be in there.
I think at least one of the wires was not the same as what was listed on the tech sheet. You may have to test all the small-guage wires in order to find all four doors.
lins 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2010 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. I got it figured out - there are actually two harnesses under there with tan and PURPLE / orange wires. Go figure. Appreciate the help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic