2010 toyota tacoma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bamafan76 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
By loose i mean they aren't mounted to the chassis of the truck like all the other plugs.

ok thanks. I will look for them the next chance I get to tackle the installation.

bamafan76 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
bamafan76 wrote:

Mike M2 wrote:
By loose i mean they aren't mounted to the chassis of the truck like all the other plugs.

ok thanks. I will look for them the next chance I get to tackle the installation.

Just an update. The installation went smooth and was able to find the wires you described. The only confict I noticed was the parking light flash. When I did the install, the parking lights flashed as they should during arm/disarm/alarm. However, with my Toyota, I have the auto off feature for my headlights in the event I leave them on when getting out of the vehicle. Turns out if I do leave my headlight switch in the "ON" position when getting out of the truck, the parking lights don't flash as they should during arm/disarm/alarm. It just means I have to turn the headlights "OFF" in order for the parking lights to flash. Any suggestions?

I have the parking lights connected to the "GREEN (-)" wire at the headlight switch. I also have noticed there is a "GREEN (+)" wire located at the fuse box. If I were to use the GREEN at the fuse box, will this allow the parking lights to flash regardless of the headlight switch position being "OFF" or "ON"?

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
This has been discussed here a lot. Basically, what needs to happen is you add a relay to break the negative output from the headlight switch for auto lights. The wire you need goes to ground only when you turn on auto lights and you wire it like you would a starter kill relay. You find this wire at the light switch in the column. Use the RS status wire to drive the relay. This way the truck doesn't know the auto lights are actually turned on during the RS cycle...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
bamafan76 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
This has been discussed here a lot. Basically, what needs to happen is you add a relay to break the negative output from the headlight switch for auto lights. The wire you need goes to ground only when you turn on auto lights and you wire it like you would a starter kill relay. You find this wire at the light switch in the column. Use the RS status wire to drive the relay. This way the truck doesn't know the auto lights are actually turned on during the RS cycle...

Let me ask this. If I were to leave it wired as is, will it harm the alarm at all? I don't mind turning the lights off when I exit the vehicle if it means the parking lights will flash, I just don't want to leave them on and it cause problems with the alarm. Thanks! 

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Nope, won't hurt a thing....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic