icon

2000 maxima remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
razuuk004 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, Okay the car is a 2000 Nissan Maxima and the equipment is a Viper 5701 security w/ R/S and a DEI 556uw immobilizer unit. I put the coaded key inside the 556u, I put the rf ring around the key cylinder of the car (but i didn,t disable the factory key reader in the cylinder), i connected the blue wire to the status wire (blue/white) of the alarm and cut the starter wire to connect them according to the wiring diagram. when I attempt to remote start the car i get a 7 chirmp signal from the alarm. Am I missing something? and what about the Programing?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  

The 7 blinks means that you are still in Manual Transmission Mode.  Is this car an automatic?  If you don't have one, download the Viper 5701 Install Guide from the "Downloads" section.  There is a programming option that needs to be changed if your car is an Automatic. ( Menu 3, Menu Item 1, Option 2.  Here is a link with programming instructions :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=711 )   If it is a manual, then you didn't enter into "Reservation Mode".

The Viper unit is fairly complex and the Install Guide can clear up a lot of issues.

Soldering is fun!
razuuk004 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, The car is Automatic. Also a question about the rf ring on the DEI 556uw, should i locate the ring around the key cylinder and leave the factory transponder intact or cut the factory ring and wire into it like option 2 on the 556uw manual?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
Just securely mount the 556u antenna in  the correct location.  No need to do the Option 2 install.  The 556U will only broadcast the "key in the box" transponder code when the remote starter is active.
Soldering is fun!
razuuk004 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
...and the parking neutral safety cable should be grounded to chassis. There is also a cable labeled Turbo Start that is wired to a switch then grounded on the other end. Other than the Red, RED / Black, RED / White wires that go to 12volt Constant, the 2 that go to both sides of the starter cable (Ign side/ Motor side). What other wires do i absolutely need to hook up to make the R/S work?
kreg357 
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

Well, lets see...  On the car side, there's

Ignition 1

Starter 1
Starter 2
Accessory 1
Accessory 2
Parking Light (+)  - could be considered optional
Brake (+)
Tach  -  could go Virtual Tach but...
Door Trigger(s)

All wires in the car should be verified with a DMM prior to making any connections.

Plus desirable optional items like Lock, UnLock, Trunk and Factory Alarm Disarm (if equipped)

On the Viper side, there's

All four +12v power wires

Chassis Ground
Parking Light Output
Door Trigger (-)
Neutral Safety Switch
Tach
Brake
Hood Pin
(-) Accessory ( to relay for ACC2 )
Status Output
Everything on the H3 except H3/8
The 556u with a spare key

Plus the above "desirable items"...

Soldering is fun!
razuuk004 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
.All wires of the h3 harnest are connected except pink/black. BLACK/ white (neutral switch) is grounded. Brake cable is hooked. Tach is not. Door trigger is up. When I try r/s, it gives me 1long red sigal and 8 chirps. (neutral switch) but wire is grounded.
kreg357 
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Eight chirps sounds like the Neutral Safety switch.  I would double check that wire and connection.
Soldering is fun!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you have the inline toggle switch plugged in and in the on position.
razuuk004 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Okay,Just to verify. The (-) Accessory ( to relay for ACC2 )
Status Output is the Blue wire of the Viper and it goes to the Blue wire of the 556u which gives a negative signal to the immobilizer box.
I don't think this car has Starter 2.
The brake wire should show me a (+) polarity when not pressed and switches to (-) polarity when pressed?
My Neutral safety switch is grounded at the same point as the Vipers Ground wire.
Tach. is not connected but this car is automatic and i dont think that it would stop the viper from even trying to crank over.
And All four +12V Power wires are the 3 fused from H3 harness and the main 12V+ from the alarm itself (also fused).
I don't Know if the toggle switch would make a difference but i tried it both ways.
...and still I get the same result. Red light with one long error sound from the remote followed by 7 clicks from the alarm.
I am stomped. I can only think that either the rf ring is not sending the frequency correctly to the Key Cylinder, it's not on the right location, or it's defective.
Am i missing something?. How can i check to reduce my conclutions and pinpoint the problem?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic