the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 maxima remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

Did you program the Viper to Automatic Transmission?  Menu 3, Menu Item 1, Option 2

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Both Bulldog and Audiovox list 2 Starter wires.  BLACK/ Red and BLACK/ Blue
Soldering is fun!
razuuk004 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I programmed Automatic several times and waited for the 2 chirp conformation. And if there is two starter wires, I cut the Black / Red and hooked up Ignition side and Engine side, If there is something to do with the Black / Blue wire than that may be it although I get a Positive signal on the Black / Red wire with test light during key cranking in ignition switch.
Am i suppose to connect both wires? if so, how do i isolate them?
kreg357 
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  

Seven blinks usually means that you are still in MTS and did not enter "Reservation Mode".  It has been mentioned on this forum before that changing to Automatic Trans can be difficult and can take several tries.

Starter2 not connected will allow the car to crank but a "cold" engine will not start.

AudioVox lists two Ignition wires, two Starter wires and one Accessory wire.  Bulldog Security lists one Ignition wire, two Starter wires and two Accessory wires.  Use your DMM or test light to verify.  Either way, if you power all listed wires, you will need an extra relay becuase the Viper can only directly power 4 outputs.  Have you programmed and used the Flex Relay output, H3/7, yet?

If you find that the Bulldog info is correct and use the Flex relay for ACC2, then the extra 30/40A SPDT relay would be used for the second Starter wire.  Connect as follows:

Relay Pin 85 to Viper Remote start auxiliary output, 5-pin, Violet wire (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT.
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to +12v constant fused to 20A
Relay Pin 30 to Maxima BLACK/ Blue Starter2 wire
Relay Pin 87a not used - insulate

Soldering is fun!
razuuk004 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Kreg, I'm going to try the Flex Relay today. By your description above, am i just going to wire up pin 30 and tap it into BLACK/ blue wire of Starter2 without spiting the wire? or do I Split BLACK/ blue wire to Ign. side (87a) and Starter side (30).
kreg357 
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not sure I'm understanding.  The "Flex Relay" is part of the Viper ( built in).  H3/2 is its' Pin 87, H3/7 is its' Pin 30 and H3/8 is its' Pin 87a. And, while it can be used as Starter2, the previous post uses an "Extra Relay" for the Starter2 and the Vipers' Flex Relay for ACC2.

If you are referring to the "extra relay"  for the Starter2 circuit detailed in the earlier post, just tap Pin 30 into to BLACK/ Blue wire.  The starter kill is done with the cut BLACK/ Red starter wire.  For the cars' Accessory2 circuit, connect H3/2 to +12v constant, H3/7 to the cars ACC2 and set the Menu 3, Menu Item 8 to Option 2 for ACC2. 

Soldering is fun!
razuuk004 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Great! I'll try it today and let you know if it worked. Thanks in advance for your help.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic