icon

2009 sentra remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xxunknownxx 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2010 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Its the Sentra base model without stupidkey I mean intelligent key. I was wondering which would be the best bypass to use with the Avital 4113. I want to use D2D also. Also Im not connecting door locks. I already have a factory fob. I dont mind the reduced range either.
With this installation I want connect as few wires as I can....thats why I chose D2d. I only had to connect 7 wires in my malibu :)
xxunknownxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Newer Nissans' are a little more complicated.  I use iDatalink products but if you want to go D2D with a pre-loaded DEI product,
try the DLPK module.  You will also need a 30/40A SPDT relay for the IPDM ( that's 4 wires right there ).
Soldering is fun!
xxunknownxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Whats the IPDM?
xxunknownxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ive done the basics so far...just need to bypass the transponder. I have a TBXkey sitting right here that I can use but the dealer was such a miser when it came to spare keys I'd rather not throw one in te coffin. Although I do like using coffins LOL
xxunknownxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Also as far as idatalink im open to all suggestions.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

Get yourself an Idatalink module.  It makes the job really easy.  And wire it W2W, it could save you some troubleshooting.  Dont do D2D.    

And some Nissans get a funky "stuttered" crank when they start.  It happens mostly on the IKEY models.  But if you need to... one relay wired into the IPDM under the hood fixes it.

xxunknownxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Ahhh
Idatalink 2
Xpresskit 0
Hmnn...you say a stuttered crank you mean like when the car takes like 3 seconds to crank over. Also I caught all of the wires up under the dash and there was only one starter wire. And I was like "wth I could have sworn nissans have 2"
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  

'09 Sentra has one Ignition, one Starter and two Accessory wires. 

I always do W2W, also.  All of the wiring between the R/S and the bypass can be done "on the bench'  in a proper environment. 

The iDatalink ADS-DLSL CA2 with the ADS DLSL-NI firmware is a good choice.  The bypass does not cause you to lose a key, but a key is needed to program it to the car.  Additionally it will handle the door locks and trunk release thru the CAN Bus and supply a nice Tach signal.

The relay in the IPDM is recommmended for 2009s' and up.  Never tried one without it. 

Soldering is fun!
xxunknownxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
I'm gonna be a bit risky and see how it goes with the key in ignition and without that relay....just wondering. I wanna test the system anyways.
I've already got a tach signal but I figure the data module will provide a more reliable tach. Gonna go outside and try it now lol.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic