icon

viper 7900 remote start, 2002 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadow818 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2010 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

In a 2002 f150. viper 7900 alarm bypass pkall.

I installed my alarm myself everything works lock unlock panic mode its tells me if my hood is open if the ignition is on when i lock it but my remote start  wont work i have a directed x bypass pkall but it seems like i cant get it to program or i have some wiring wrong when i plug in the cable to the alarm harness the power comes on in my truck but it wont let me engage the remote start either i dont know if its becuase the bypass is not being programmed or if i need to program my alarm for the remote start feature any help would be appreciated. Thanks

shadow818 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2010 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
now im learning that i need to put my alarm in voltage sense not tach how do i  go about doing that ?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2010 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Could you list what wires from the remote start you have connected to what wires on the f150.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
shadow818 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
I need to know what colors are the rx / tx wires coming from the ignition im hooking up my pkall bypass just need a lil help to program it.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

I have found that the most accurate install guides are from iDatalink.  Here is a link to their WEB site :  http://www.idatalink.com/support/helpdesk

Look up your vehicle and open the install guide for the ADS TB.

Here is their info:

Pin         TX               Pin           RX

F-150 99-02    4   WHITE/ LtGreen     3       Gray/Orange A

Soldering is fun!
shadow818 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

but this wires are not coming out of the ignition its the connector that has the wires going to the ignition under the steering columm

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

That is probably true.  Here is a note from the iDatalink ADS TB FM install guide.  Your Truck has a Type A connector.

IMMOBILIZER CONNECTOR TYPE:

Connectors B, D, E, F and G located at immobilizer near key barrel
Connectors A and C are found 8 inches lower on PATS harness.

Soldering is fun!
shadow818 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

i connected the wires and tried to program it and still no luck either im missing a step in the programming instructions or i have something not getting signal.

Does anybody know what exactly wires and settings need to be connected to have the remote start work on a viper 7900.

Thanks

kreg357 
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

Are you going W2W or D2D?  With D2D you should check the the jupers on the Viper are set to "external D2D module".

All connections should be soldered. The PKALL Pnk wire should be connected to the Viper H3/1 Pink wire.   Is the programming failing at a certain step?  Have you tried to program with the manaul transmission method of jumping the ignition wire at step 8?

Soldering is fun!
shadow818 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

its d2d how do i check the jumpers on the viper that are set to external d2d and i have the pink wire connected to the starter wire i will connect to the h3/1 pink wire and cross my fingers it works and gets programed.

Thanks

p.s. i have the alarm set to voltage instead of tach and  voltage setting to high.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic