icon

fog light, alarm, fuse box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
alright with that being said, would the result differ if was to run a wire with a fuse directly from the battery to the switch?
through connector B?, ive tried that and no luck ;s
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing wrong with your last post except for the legal issues and if you give it a constant feed and forget to turn off when you leave the car?
italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Nothing wrong with your last post except for the legal issues and if you give it a constant feed and forget to turn off when you leave the car?
good point but your forgetting they are fog lights
ill know if i turn them off or on, cause they will either be off or on lol
im gonna try the first two ways and see what the outcome is
then ill try a direct line
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
How timely - Last week I finally fitted a headlight reminder. It only took a $1.15 buzzer, a $0.05c diode (so it only sounds when the driver's door opens), and about 30 years.
howie ll wrote:
Wiring the fog lights separately is.... Illegal in many countries, they can't bew legally used in Europe without the low beam headlights.
I'm sure that is now the case here too, but it used to be illegal to have fog lights AND beams on simultaneously.
But that was in ye olde days when fog lights were used to see "under" the fog. Hence high-mounted low or high beams were undesirable.
Amazing how fashion and bling can impact regulations.
(I stuck to the first principles of gambling - my fog lights were rally-class high beams.)
FWIW - a statistical qualification: The aforementioned 30 year lead time actually records as 5 years. I have only had my current (and 12V) vehicle 10 years, and I also fitted a switch to the passenger door for the dome-light (it is a 2-door ute with only the agricultural basics), hence averaging to 5 years per job.
I just wanted to clarify that to show that in reality I am 600% more efficient than in my thoughts and dreams.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
So buy a Jap car not a truck, then it's built in, having said that my last Galant hasn't been as reliable (electrics wise) as 2 I had in the late 80s
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Another smart crack like that I'll smack your teeth out.
Well, just one - and do us both a favour!
You can reciprocate with my problem tooth.
(Apols to readers - that's a healthy in-joke between 2 sufferers.)
But LOL, it is Jap - a 1965 ute variant of their passenger car.
Of course typical Jap - they may not have fitted the passenger switch, but the provision is there. I just got a switch from a sedan.
The Japs are good with such compatibility. The first job was to fill its unused AM radio cavity. It now has an LSD from their 1985 4WD (a straight banjo swap!) and it has been modernised with a 5 speed gearbox and - of course! - a later alternator with inbuilt regulator and over 3x the output. All very simple.    
It's the trivial thinks that take time... (ie, passenger comforts! Remember - its a 2-door, hence IMO a GT or race car and not intended for panicky passengers.)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
I wish; bloody cameras everywhere, 70mph limits, +average speed cameras as well, GPS radar spotter on, gives me exact speed so cruise control on and no more than 78 (limit +10% +or- 1mph. Except Scotland where it's exactly 70 or the jock mustards will do you on the spot.
Every cop car (especially the unmarked M5s and Audi RS) has an ANPR* camera, ready to stop you with your life story. Orwell could never have imagined it. And this guy wants to run his fog lights any time.
*Automatic Number Plate Recognition camera. In the UK, your annual road test, road tax and insurance get automatically uploaded when you renew them. They know if you don't.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
70mph? We have 8 hours drive to out nearest capital city.
We drive 2 days (over 1,500km) to get to our holiday destination in the next state.
We have a 100kph limit (61mph) and YOU complain? Some states and freeways have 110kph (69mph).
And they finally restricted the unrestricted speed limit south of Darwin.
We get booked for anything over the limit, but they deduct 3kph from the photographic traps. Wow, 3 in 100 - that is tighter than our ADRs (vehicle design rules).
I have seen the auto-plate recognition system in action. VERY effective - instant pullover for any outstanding infringement. We now have to put our own legit plates on any vehicles we steel!
We have it all - except for the banned radar detectors, and annual vehicle checking (in this state).
The other thing we excel at avoiding is driver education.
fog light, alarm, fuse box - Page 2 -- posted image.
(THAT is a SAFETY sign... LOL!!!)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic