icon

viper 5301/canmax400 install/03 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sectechie 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
I am currently in the process of installing a Viper 5301 with a Canmax400 in my 2003 Accord 4 door V6. Since this unit comes programmed for manual transmission I had to program it for auto trans. After this step I tried to unlock/ lock the doors, but had no success. I do get confirmation on my keyfob but the doors don't lock/ unlock. The only thing I can think of is my Can Bus wire is wrong, every guide I found online says to use the first green connector above the fuse panel and pin location #4. Any help you guys/gals can provide would be greatly appreciated as my car i torn apart and I need to get to work tomorrow:)
If anyone is willing to talk to me over the phone I can either give you a number or I would be more than happy to call you. ( I will buy beer for knowledge)
Thanks so much for your time!!!!!!
Ed Holt
POB 210
Laplata, MD
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

Not to be an ***, but what made you use a Canmax400 for this car? Its easy enough to work on without it. Could have just bought a cheaper bypass, and wired up the rest directly to the car (door locks, tach....etc.)

Did you flash the Canmax for your vehicle? Or was it flashed already?

sectechie 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

godd dan it,

I was told that the canmax400 would make it an easier install which is why I got it.  I saw the guy flash it today when I bought it for a 03 Accord.

In the last hour I was able to make the car turn over, but I can't get it to start using the RS.  The locks still don't work, but i do

get a confirmation chiro pn my keyfob saying that the alarm is locking/unlocking.  I was thinkin it might be a D2D cable issue?

I tapped into the 1st green connector above the fuse panel on pin #4.  Do you have any ideas on what could be the issue?

Ed Holt
POB 210
Laplata, MD
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

Did you hook up the grey/black wire, grey wire, violet/white wire from the Canmax? Just making sure you did this too. You are refering to the install guide right off Xpresskit right? http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&year=2003&make=Honda&model=Accord&ps=1&s=0 Its page 3.

Sometimes the D2D cables come broken or dont work correctly. You might need to W2W instead.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic