icon

viper alarm 5901 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jredhonn 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
i have the alarm installed by a shop about a year ago, everything works great. they said they wouldnt do the remote start because of manual transmission. today i bypassed the clutch and thought the RS would work by pressing the switch on the remote.
the RS failed and i got 7 flashes indicates "manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized".
i have searched but most of the people they forgot to bypass the clutch. since i have bypassed the clutch, what should i do in order to make it work?
thanks!!
vehicle is 97 bmw 328is
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
Well the right way would be to take it to a professional shop and have the remainder of it installed to insure safety when using it. You can however just change it to automatic and it may work(depending on how they installed it). But if you do it this way you run the risk of jumping your car if left in gear.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  

The seven flashes probably mean you did not enter "Reservation Mode" properly.  However, there are a few things you must do first.

1.  Ensure that the Vipers Tach wire is connected to a good Tach source, if not done already.

2. Set the Vipers programming to Tach mode, if not done already.

3. Perform the Tach Learn process, if not done already

4.  Make sure the Viper is monitoring access at all four doors.

5.  Make sure the Vipers Neural Safety wire is connected to the Parking ( Emergency ) Brake.

6. The clutch bypass should be controlled / performed by the Viper during remote start only, not a permanent jumper.

Without all of the proper setup, your car will be unsafe and could possibly start when in gear.

There is a Viper Install Guide in the "Downloads" section of this site.  It will explain the wires / connections and programming necessary for a proper install and the correct procedure to get the car into "Resevrvation Mode".   Please remember, Safety First.  If you are unsure of anything, have the job done by a professional.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic