icon

intellistart4 accessory wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
d6-karl 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
hi guys sorry if this has been answered i have had a look at some posts but they dont answer my question
can you stop the accessory wire from becoming live when the remote start is activated as its annoying that the stereo is playing away to its self when i remote start my car in the mornings, but id like to still be able to keep the Retained accessory power feature as i like this and find it use full.
thanks allot
Karl
D6-ICS
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Disconnect the orange from the I/Start, to be more precise, what vehicle?
d6-karl 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  
Iv done that but I would have like to be able to use the retained acc power feature, it's I'm my mk2 mr2 just wondered if there was an installer setting to stop it working when the car is remote started but still kept the acc running when keys were removed
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, relay across from the status output, aka 3rd. ignition, GWR wire, blue/orange via an inline diode, 1N4004 band towards relay.
Blue/orange to relay 85.
Constant 12volts, fused at 2amps to 86.
Cut orange, 1 side to 30, other to 87a.
87 not used.
This will give you radio and ACC off whilst in R/S mode but you will still have the 20 minutes RAP.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged  
By the way congratulations on asking the first really original question here in about two years!
Also if you're using this with a Cat 1 alarm and it doesn't bring on your indicators during R/S, tell me so and which CAT1 and I'll show you how to do that as well.
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
I miss my Concept 200 with the IntelliStart IV. Switched to compustar for the 2-way and range, but the RAP is only up to 1 min. I timed the RAP on the Intellistart once, it was around 11-12 min.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yes but the Concept 300 UK spec. G4 has or had 20 minutes, worthwhile for me when I'm hanging around on site.
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
I wish I knew that when I had my clifford. I don't see why compustar doesn't put an option for longer than 1 minute. 10 sec vs 30 sec vs 1min, it's all the same to me. The difference is minimal. It should be 30 seconds, 5 min, 15min, something like that. Maybe someone at Firstech is reading this and will implement this in their 7000 series modules.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic