the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 high lander and bulldog rs1200

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  

Strange.  I have used the RS1100 with the Yellow wire antenna on the 16 Pin connector.  But the RS1200's I have used all had an external antenna from a seperate connector that ran all the way to the windshield.  Even the old RS112's had an external antenna.  The unit has power and ground ( it flashed the Parking Lights ), you grounded the hood pin wire and put +12v to the brake wire and the remote transmitters battery looks good.  The only thing left is the antenna, a bad remote or a bad brain. 

I have found that Bulldogs tech support is good and they do honor their lifetime warranty.

Soldering is fun!
wyciwug 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  

I have another identical RS1200 brand new.  So I used that brain and/or remote controls to make sure the other brain or remote controls are not bad.  They gave same problem.  So I am not sure if it is my installation or this kind of RS has problems when they got out of the manufacturer.  Maybe it's an error that they forgot to add antenna to the brain.

dcd
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

You should be able to do this on the table top.  Just connect the 2 red power connections and the ground wire to a +12v battery..  Then attach the Brake wire to the +12v battery and the hood pin to ground.  Put you meter on the Parking Light output ( but you will hear the relay anyway ) and plug in the 2 fuses.  While they says press and hold any button, the older instructions say press the start button. 

I had a Bulldog 791 bypass module where they forgot to put the  antenna connector pins on the PCB.  I just soldered the antenna loop on to the PCB...

Soldering is fun!
wyciwug 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2010 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

I finally turn the clicking off using Remote control after untaped the yellow wire.  It is infact the antenna.  I contacted Bulldog and pointed out the error on their manual but they do not want to admit it (on the phone or in email). 

Now it is time for me to program the remote controls to start the car.  I did not connect the door lock/unlock wires because I can use the remote comes with the car.  Any lead on where to start to program it?  Thanks.

dcd
kreg357 
Posted: November 23, 2010 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

Not a whole lot to program. 

It comes set for 15 minute run time.   That is pretty much the standard runtime.

It comes set to tachless operation.  If your car has "one touch start", that sholud be fine.  ( One touch start is where you can turn the key to Start and release it immediately, the car will continue to crank until the engine is started.)  If you don't have this feature, switch to Tach Mode, connect the Tach wire and do the Tach Learn process.

The standard length lock / unlock pulse is fine.  Did you get the relays and diodes and connect the door locks in the drivers door?   http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_HIGHLANDER_TOYOTA%20and%20LEXUS%20door%20lock%20.pdf   If so, then you will want to change the unlock to double pulse to unlock all doors at once.

Most people don't use the auto lock / unlock feature.  The car should already have this built in.

Unless you live in Alaska, you probably won't use the Cold Start feature.

Make sure you set the jumpers to the correct position for the Parking Lights and Dome Light Supervision ( if used ).

Soldering is fun!
wyciwug 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2010 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

Kreg

I did not connect the door lock/unlock harness on the alarm because I just want to use the SUV's remote FOB control to unlock doors.   So no diodes or Relay involved.  I completely unplug that connector from the alarm.

I turned off the clicking using the remote after grounded the hoodpin and 12volt the Brake wire.  Then after the clicking stop, I connect these wires to appropriate car's wires which is at the brake switch and to  the hood pin.  I press the button on the remote start's remote to start the car.  There is no response and the lights are not flashing.  Do I have to program the remote controls to be recognized by the brain of the unit?

Thanks

dcd
kreg357 
Posted: November 23, 2010 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

How many remotes do you have?  I thought the RS1200 came with 2.  The one you used to stop the clicking should be programmed.  If not then you have to do the Clear Memory routine on Page 20.  Then add the second remote.

I might have bad news for you on the door locks.  Most Toyotas turn off the Factory Keyless Entry while the car s running.  That means the Factory FOB's won't work while the car is running under remote start.  If that's the case, you will want to connect the RS1200 to the locks.

Using the short Yellow antenna on the 16 Pin harness will give you half the range of the windshield antenna, only 400 feet.

Soldering is fun!
wyciwug 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2010 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  

I probably extend the yellow antenna wire and runs it to the windshield. 

I did the clear Eprom last night also.  Then the clicking came back.  Then I turn it off using remote control but after that, it does not do anything else. 

This frustrates me.

Maybe I can ask you for the RS1100 that has the antenna you have.  Thanks.

dcd
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic