polar start reprogram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnsmith321 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

My car battery was recently changed and now my car starter will not work.  Tried different techiques on various posts and other polar start manuals (could not find the exact manual for my model though).  I have a polar start (ps-3015sh) system.  The led on the unit flashes continuously.

How do you I get rid of the flashing led?  What does it mean?  Read somewhere it could be in playback mode?  How do I fix this?

How do I re-program my key transmitter to work again?

Does anyone have the service manual for this system?  Can you send it to me?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time. 

kev-o 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Polar Start PS3005SH and am having the same problem in my 1999 Monte Carlo. Please help us

Kev-o

"Attitude is the differance between an ordeal and an adventure"
pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  

i got this from another web site so i hope it works.

push the hood pin down then let it up then push it down let it up and the parking lights should come on then put the key in the IGN and turn it one click b4 the car starts then turn it back and remove the key and press and hold the lock button on the remote untill the parking lights flash a few times then press and hold lock and unlock and the brake pedal the parking lights will flash a few times then relase all buttons and pedal then start the car let it run for about 5 seconds then push and hold the brake pedal and the parking lights will flash again a few times and then you are done.

Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I have tried that and everything goes as described until the unlock,lock and brake stage (nothing happens at that point???)
As Johnny stated his LED is flashing as is mine green light very fast LED
Can anyone point us in the direction of a manual for these things.
Thanks everyone and great forum!
Kev-o
"Attitude is the differance between an ordeal and an adventure"
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
If it has a toggle switch and not a push button, then open the hood, turn the switch to off, turn the key on, and then the switch on, then press lock twice
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
You shouldn't need to reprogram anything. This happens on many systems when the battery is disconnected. The unit won't lose programming. You have locked the module up. It is reffered to as "Logic Lock". Unplug the main power harness and then all the other plugs. Plug in the antenna first, then the 5 pin plug. Next plug in the main power plug followed by all the remaining plugs. Then try the uniit.
sparky
kev-o 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Okay here I go again, so forgive me!!! First off the hood switch was busted off so i am just using a test lead till I get a replacement (EBAY) then I found the antenna in the headliner?? busted wire and all, went to pull the antenna and wire out to fix and noticed the park brake was rubbing when set and had broken all three wires in the bunch!!! so just got all the wires fixed tested with the OHMmeter and good to go!
Girlfriend needs the car so will try the logic lock thing tomorrow!!! If it works I will name my next born after you sparkypolar start reprogram -- posted image.
Not real fond of these things as we have an 02 Escalade with the viper 5901 starter/alarm and have had nothing but greif with it. But thts another thread.
Thanks again and will post ASAP.
Kev-o
thursty 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
kev-o wrote:

I have a Polar Start PS3005SH and am having the same problem in my 1999 Monte Carlo. Please help us

Kev-o

Just bought a 2000 Pontiac Montana that had a Polar Start PS3005SH installed on it. The vehicle did not come with the remotes for the remote start system. Couple questions... Kev-o, what color is the LED on the remote for your system? Does anyone know where I can locate the install instructions? Autostart and Polar starts seem to have varied instructions for learning new remotes, etc. The Autostart website has several instruction manuals for download, but not for the PS 3005SH. Kev-o if possible, can you post the numbers off the back of the remote. That would assist in making sure I have the correct replacement remote.
Thanks in advance!
Thursty
ronny g 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
I had this problem when I changed battery as well. I read this forum post and wouldn't you know I got my remote starter working thanks very much pitoaudoivisual. Everything's working fine but my truck starts, runs for 5 seconds and shut off for 5 seconds and repeats 3 times. On off, on off, on off, so what the heck is that all about?
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
What model/year is your truck and what model is your remote starter?
Try remote starting it while the key is in the ignition switch (off position).
If it stays running then it's a bypass issue, if it does the same thing then I would try relearning the tach signal.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic