icon

greatest invention i am tyrying to build

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
CO CO3 what's the difference?  (besides a few oxygen atoms!)
Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
And like I did in stinks 50 years ago it's CO not CO3. That link calls it CO. In fact if I remember any stinks it would have to be C2O6, I think. I hated chemistry.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Novel - an indoor bbq. (Though yes - I have been to a few...)
A COx monitor - but where would you mount it?
But that's all part of the due-diligence and legal liability associated with its operation.
I'd go for a CO monitor myself (despite a medical student claiming CO never killed anyone), though CO2 is handy before people black out (and maybe burn or die).
But I am still wondering what dablakmark8 thinks cranking current has to do with this?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
OK, you got in first although I would yield to your compression ratio comment, which is why the equivalent (in engine size) diesel always requires a bigger battery, it's just that I was gobsmacked by the ignorant question. It's the sort of thing my 12 year old grandson would ask if he saw his father or myself under the hood.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I do not disagree with you. I just don't want to actively agree given the credentials.... After all, we all have gaps (speaking for myself that is).
But time & replies can tell.
As some brilliant person once wrote, the idea or "invention" is only 1%....
It's the next 9% that takes the skill.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
Now you're doing it Peter! Write 99% 1 hundred times. Is being a moron contagious?
Did you get my email about 1/2 hour ago ref the job offer?
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
37%
(That's 99% 100 times.)
Yes - I got the job offer. I'm on the next plane....
Ah - to quote the Rusky in "RED" (a current cinema film, yes, red current, not DC) - there are things I too miss...
I will respond...
But first - breakfast!
And yes, moronism is contagious. Look at me! (But I bet I'd still pick errors in Mensa tests! (After breakfast.))
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
That's the problem, I remember the ex flame who actually belonged to Mensa, she was taking her maths degree, she wrote a three page theorem on finding the area of a triangle, I just doubled it to an oblong, got the answer and halved it, why don't people think out of the box...but not too far like our first poster and to help his "practical" education he should go to Kevin's own web site and see the fabulous stuff he makes, even if he doesn't know the correct formula for carbon monoxide.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Not that I like hijacking, but since this is a very public site, and since I can repeat yet again...
The thing that got me with the Mensa tests was that of those I checked, from memory, they had an average of 3 errors each out of ~140 questions.
That's an error rate a bit over 2%.
Now, if Mensa was allegedly the top 2% of intelligent people (was that IQ? greatest invention i am tyrying to build - Page 3 -- posted image. greatest invention i am tyrying to build - Page 3 -- posted image. LOL!), and assuming that required no more that 2% incorrect answers in their tests, they eliminated their apparent top 2% - the very ones they were seeking.
And by extension, they consisted of the 2%-4%'ers.
(To paraphrase, they would have included those that had incorrect answers to 3 questions, and probably eliminated those that were correct.)
At least that did explain why I had so many problems with Mensa members - not so much that they were wrong, but somehow they believed that they weren't!
As to lateral thinking - that's a totally different area.
Mensa only measured "IQ". They did not measure intelligence!
I wonder if they have changed since then?
Maybe they have since joined a religious group to avoid taxes?
Everybody has a right to my opinion!
dablakmark8 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks oldspark for battery monitor kit which you linked.Reason why i was worried about the crank amps was that if the amperage was to low the car would not swing but you made it clear all i need is the low voltage adjustments.10v might be a bit to low imho,what you think.
That co2 sensor could also be incorporated in the box but its sensitivity is questionable.Could it be that easy..lol,electronics is never easy .
the only interesting answers are the one that destroys the question.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic