icon

dei smart start not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2010 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
We have had a few customers come in and complain that the units are not working. If you send a command to them you get an error message.
Error sending command please try again later
And if you unplug the SmartStart and plug it in again it starts working again for a few minutes.
DEI says is the server and they are working on it. I just don't buy it. Has anyone had any problems with this units?
ieSpell rocks.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Have seen this happen a few times.  It's great technology but hasn't had all of the bugs worked out yet.  I even have 1 customer who likes to lock his keys in is car because he has his phone on his person.  Well when what you describe occurs, it's not so  convenient. 
Advanced
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2010 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
ive only installed one smart start device and so far i havent had any complaints from him. but, it would imagine that it might depend on your cell phone service. same as if you've ever made a call and later you find out that the person you tried to call doesn't even have a missed call from you or you send a text message only to have it received several hours later.
smartstart is a convenience feature, plain and simple. its nice to have but it shouldn't be a reason to throw away your normal keypad. it is subject to the same pros and cons as a normal cell phone, if there is a problem with the service for any reason then guess what... you cant get into your car.
sroake4 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed several of these units and have only had one vehicle not work properly. 2009 VW Jetta. Constantly looses cell comm and DEI is blaming it on me. Way to back up your installers DEI. How about helping to relsolve the problem.
stever

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic