icon

07 lexus es350 viper 5301 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
domeniclopresti 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Having a strange issue cannot seem to solve.
The car remote starts fine, unlocks / locks fine, but if I lock the car and leave it for 5 minutes, the factory alarm goes off.
Some backround on what I've done, I did not hook up the factory disarm wires because the car says it doesn't have any, that a double pulse to the unlock wire will disarm the alarm.
I have my unlock pulse set to 0.8, I tried 0.4, did nothing, I am using a fortin bypass and have keysense hooked up, and status out, tx, rx, ground and 12v+
One way I did get it to work was to hook up the factory disarm / arm wires to the lock / unlock wires, then set the car to active lock, so it would unlock itself, remote start, and then relock after 30 seconds, but I don't want to have to do that.
I also thought about grounding the hood pin so the car would think it were open and then the alarm would not work.
I am in a bind here, can anyone help?
Thanks.
Dom
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
You NEED to go to the factory ARM/DISARM wires as these will unlock/disarm, Lock/Arm. Do not just go the lock unlock wires. Changing the pulse time is not what they mean by a "double pulse" There is actually a option under one of the programming menus that will allow you to change the pulse from single to double
Factory Alarm ARM(lock) / brown / - /dr kick or fuse box, top left, 16 pin plug, pin 16
Factory Alarm Disarm(Unlock / purple(Double Pulse) / - / driver kick or BECU, 26 pin plug, pin 10
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
It is under Menu 1, Item 5, Option 2.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
I have noticed that when I remote start the car the keysense wire that I hooked up to the bypass does not show continuity to ground when the car is starting, whether the alarm is going off or not.
I am attempting now to run 2nd status out to the keysense wire to give this wire ground while remote starting, and unhook it from my fortin bypass. Will check back after this.
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Wait those pinouts are for my car, the 2 sites I used, wirecolor and audiovox do not list factory disarm/arm wires for this car. I am more than happy to hook these up I just didn't know they existed
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I know of the double pulse menu, I have that set, but without having the factory disarm wire hooked up, the car is not double pulsing the unlock before I start it.
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Connect the lock / unlock wires directly to the factory alarm/disarm wires, and make sure that you have a double pulse set for the unlock and you should be all good to go!
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
K I'm looking for those now, already ran wires into the door, grrr, but yea I see a bunch of purple wires going into harnesses in the drivers kick, is there any way to test for this wire? Thank you so much.
Dom
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not seeing these wires, there is no 16 pin harness in the top left of the fusebox, there are fuses there, and in the drivers kick there are lots of purple wires but no brown wires I see, also I don't know where the becu is
Would it be better if I diode isolated the status out wire and hooked one up to my fortin bypass and one up to keysense? And if so, which way does the stripe face the status out wire, or the other two? Do I need a certain type of diode or would any do?
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
status to keysense generally is what i do on toyotas to disarm the alarm as long as it's a FACTORY alarm not pos dealer addon.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic