icon

python 4301, dlpkgm, 2003 gmc serria

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fbrandt6920 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2010 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking for a little help. I have 03 gmc serria  and a python 4301 and bypass dlpkgm. I am trying to figure out with theses bypass moduels what all still need to be hooked up on the remote start and where the wires are at on my truck. i have never had to use bypass before. i have done a few remote starts and alarms but that was in the early 90's. any help would be great
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2010 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Believe it or not, I just did an '04 GMC Sierra (which is the same) last Saturday and used the exact same module and it was a piece of cake.  The module takes care of lock/arm, unlock/disarm, and the Passlock 2, along with a couple of other things.  I did the wire to wire method and used it with an Audiovox Prestige APS687 keyless/remote start unit.  Here is a link for you to copy and paste in your browser.  It will list all of the other modules, but if you scroll down a little ways you will see the DLPKGM.  Once you see it, click on the install guide and it will show you a nice, vehicle specific diagram instead of that BS, confusing manual that comes in the box with the DLPKGM. 

Here is the link:

< size=3 face=Calibri> http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&ps=1&s=0&make=GMC&model=Sierra&year=2003

One hot tip for you if you are doing wire to wire...the diagram that you will see on the link tells you to use blue for constant 12V and black for ground, but the module I had didn't power up until I hooked up constant 12V power to the red wire instead of the blue.  

jseibold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2010 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry that link didn't work...I will try that again...

< size=3 face=Calibri> http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&ps=1&s=0&make=GMC&model=Sierra&year=2003

jseibold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2010 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
fbrandt6920 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks that makes life a little eaiser
fbrandt6920 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for everyones heply rs in and works great but rear defrost is there a wire i have to hook up in the bcm or from the rs to dlpkgm  , 03 gmc serria

fbrandt6920 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
i have installed a python 413 a dlpkgm and everything works great but the rear defrost, i am wondering if i have to hook it directly in the bcm if so doseanyone know what wire it would be.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic