the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

g35 2005 viper 5301 no cold start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hilock 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
2005 G35 Coupe/standard key
Remote start works great but no "cold start"
I know all about the 2nd cold start wire (green and white) on the ignition harness. I have the G35s GREEN / WHITE second starter wire powered via the flex relay output (H3/6) and have confirmed the viper outputs the juice during remote start.
No issues with the idatalink can interface
Still no remote cold starting. The remote start harness is wired as follows: Any advice is much appreciated
g35 2005 viper 5301 no cold start -- posted image.
G-35 & FJ Cruiser Remote Start Viper 5301 & Pyton 4203--Alpine touchscreen A/V system w/Camera, Sat radio, SWI
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
What happens? Do you have the cold start issue when started with the key as well? Does the car crank, and not turn over ? Try to adjust cranking time ? Also make sure you set the flex wire as starter 2 under the programming menu.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you hook up tach?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
hilock 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
dcman41 wrote:
What happens? Do you have the cold start issue when started with the key as well? Does the car crank, and not turn over ? Try to adjust cranking time ? Also make sure you set the flex wire as starter 2 under the programming menu.
I have adjusted the cranking time all the way to 1.2 seconds
I have set the flex relay to option 3 (starter output) and have tested that the flex relay output is actually outputting juice at the proper time.
I have the tach wire conected to the tach output of the "idatalink" (same as flcan I believe)
After some advice from a BestBuy installer, I thinking the tach has something to do with this issue.
I just tried going tach less and still mixed results
G-35 & FJ Cruiser Remote Start Viper 5301 & Pyton 4203--Alpine touchscreen A/V system w/Camera, Sat radio, SWI
hilock 
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Tach input is conected to the "idatalink" bypass module "tach output".
Perhaps I should change the tach input settings on the viper to "tach"
The options on the Viper are as follows 1. "virtual tach" default" 2. Voltage 3. off 4. Tachometer
So far I have tried virtual tach and voltage
zerepdivad 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
hook up an actual tach wire not through the bypass.
hilock 
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm I was afraid you might say that. I hate to run another wire through the firewall but will if I have to.
Are there any alternatives? Any recommendations on the BEST place to get the tach signal?
Thanks so much for your fast response
hilock 
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
I'm also reading about menu item 3-14 "tach mode starter release" do you know anything about this setting? Could this be a factor as well?
zerepdivad 
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
at an injector or you can get it at the ecm pin 23.
hilock 
Posted: December 09, 2010 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic