the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

suggest a simple remote start for gift?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2010 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  

There are only 4 ignition wires needed for this car.  Depending on which wire guide you use,

Bulldog or AudioVox, there is one ignition, one starter and two accessories or two ignitions,
one starter and one accessory.  The selectable 5th relay on the U1272 can be programmed to
support either configuration.  On the 2004 Grand Cherokee I did, both the RED / Black and the
BLACK/ Orange wires tested as accessory circuits.  Supposedly the 1999-2004 models are the same.

So only one extra relay and resistor is required for the Parking Lights.  There is a way to

use the remote starters (-) Parking Light output and go right to the parking light relay. 

Soldering is fun!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2010 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hey kreg...Not arguing...Just curious as to why your info is different then mine...I just searched Audiovox and Code(i know they are the same...) and neither are giving me the resistor and relay isolation...? Are you using the same site...? I see it suggests that for a 2004 Grand Cherokee...Not on a 2000 though...Maybe i missed something...But isnt the poster vehicle a 2000...? On another note...Make sure to power up both accessories to avoid getting the ABS and Air-Bag light...Just did a 2000 today...I didnt use a resistor or a relay...  http://techservices.audiovox.com/TechnicalIndex.aspx

Parking Lights YELLOW (-)

AT VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH...From Audiovox tech services and Code tech services...

kreg357 wrote:

AS tommy said, hook up the Tach if you go with the Ultra Start unit.  The Tach signal supplied by the iDatalink bypass module is very convenient and the Ultra Start easliy "Learns" it. 

Here is the Parking Light info from Bulldog Security : 

PARKING LIGHTS ( - )         YELLOW (-)          See NOTE *2               @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH, See DIAGRAM

NOTE *2 the YELLOW Parking light wire will require a (-) Negative thru a 1300 Ohm resistor and a
extra relay part #775, to connect, See DIAGRAM 

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_GRAND-CHEROKEE_GRAND%20CHEROKEE%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20DIAGRAM.pdf

This info from AudioVox :

Parking Lights  YELLOW  (-)  1K OHM RESISTOR AT THE STEERING COLUM HARNESS

For the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, AudioVox recommends relay isloation on the Parking Light wire and a 1.3k ohm resistor.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2010 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hey tommy..., looks like you are correct.  AudioVox shows Yellow (-) with no resistor / isolation for the
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  They don't make any reference to the resistor until 2002.  If it worked for you
with a straight (-) on a 2000, that is the proof.  I don't do many Jeeps and the closest one was the 2004 I
did a while ago.  If memory serves me, I did it with relay isolation and a 915 ohm resistor.
Soldering is fun!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2010 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds good...Was curious as to the discrepancies...Problem solved...Cheers...! BTW...I see you are involved in alot of Ultra Start posts... Have you used the evo-chrt1-2 with the Atom antenna/remotes yet?

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2010 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
So for the 2001 i shouldnt use the resistor ?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic