icon

2002 impala door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racerx37335 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
I have an XpressKit DB-ALL connected to a Python 1401 via D2D and flashed with GM2 firmware on a 2002 Chevy Impala. Everything works perfect except door locks will not actuate although horn and parking lights flash when the lock/unlock buttons are pressed on the remote. I am aware that lock/unlock use the same wire, with the lock using a resistor; however, doesn't the GM2 firmware on the DB-ALL account for this. Any ideas?
sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  

heres a note in the xk09 install manual for your car..

-----------------------------

*In some vehicles, the DLPKGM may only bypass the Passlock II via data Once programmed, test the door lock inputs to determine if the DLPKGM will

activate these functions via DATA. If there is no activation, then the door lock system will need to be controlled analog via the remote starter.

------------------------------

you may want to wire the door locks from the remote start module with the diagram i have attached-

2002 impala door locks -- posted image.

racerx37335 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

Sean,

I really appreciate your time and effort. On the way to Radio Shack now to pick up the relays. I willbe sure to let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jeff

sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

No problem man, dont forget the resistor lol

also the power lock/unlock wire (ORANGE / Black) as at the BCM's gray 24-pin plug.

NOTE: The BCM (Body Control Module) is located above the Brake Pedal. It is a Plastic box with (3) Plugs that face the firewall of the vehicle.

racerx37335 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

It worked great!! 13 bucks got me the relays, the resistor and a fuse and holder. I did have one small problem. I had originally tied into the red with black wire because  it really did look orange. Once it didn't work, I relooked, found the bright orange with black, and works perfect. Thanks for the detailed info!

Jeff

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic