icon

remote start 2004 honda civic avital 4111

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bertobuckeye123 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hello Gents I am in need of some help. This is my first remote start but I have done a few alarms and am pretty mechanically inclined.
I am working on a 2004 Honda Civic, Installing an Avital 4111 remote start and using the xpresskit PKH34
I have several problems I cannot figure out for the life of me.
- The remote will not activate the remote start, there is a wire you can ground out for a manual switch, I have been using that to activate it.
- I cannot get it to go into tach learn and or any other learning mode. for tach learn it says to Hold the learn button down within 5 secs of having the car start and the LED will come on. The LED really doesn't come on for ANYTHING. I tested the learn button and it seems to be working (mechanically speaking)
- When I do activate the remote start manually, it tries to start 3 separate times in short burst. Crank 1sec, stop 1sec, crank 1sec, stop 1sec, crank 1sec. Then it stops trying.
- I can't 'reset' the PKH34. The instructions say to pull the plug, then reconnect it while pressing the reset button next to the plug. hold the button until the LED turns off (on the PKH34). When I do that the LED comes on, but won't go off, even after letting go of the button. The only time the LED will go off is if I key on.
ANY help is much appreciated thanks in advance.
sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
Are yoh sure you did install type a?
bertobuckeye123 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, doublechecked
bertobuckeye123 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
The brain was FUBAR. Put a new one on and works like a charm.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic