icon

bypass choice, 07 classic 2500 hd diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigdave4435 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2010 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have a question,There are so many bypasses out here I would like to know which one to use on my 07 classic 2500 HD diesel and a code alarm CA6551 remote. Thank u
Dave Harris
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
I'm kinda partial to the iDatalink products.  The ADS-ALSL GM is a preloaded module that does it all.  Data bypass, locks, alarms, door & hood status, tach output and heated accessories control.
Soldering is fun!
bigdave4435 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
thank u 4 your advice. I have been told by other people that same thing,so I will go ahead and order it! U also answered my other conserns about what else it had on it. that should do the trick thanks again and have a fine night, Dave
Dave Harris
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  
The iDatalink products are excellent.  The Install guides are well written and the modules are easy to program.  I just noticed that your truck is a diesel and the iDatalink modules does not output a Tach signal for the DuraMax engines, only the gasoline engines.
Soldering is fun!
bigdave4435 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
again thanks u for the tip.My arlam code that i an installing has a wate to start setting can i use that or do I also need to connect the tack wire also?
Dave Harris
kreg357 
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

The Wait to Start will give the proper glow plug warm up period but you will still need a Tach signal to give best control of the remote starters crank time.

Here is Tach wire info from AudioVox :

ON DIESEL MODELS GO TO GRAY/BLACK AT ECM BELOW DRIVER SIDE BATTERY

Soldering is fun!
bigdave4435 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

got it thanks also I have a relay swich with a resistor do I need to include that in my install for a gm or leve it out? Most info I have read said u do not need it but I am not sure.

Dave Harris
kreg357 
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
The iDatalink module will handle the Passlock2 bypass thru Data and its' Data wire connection to Pin 2 on the  OBD2 connector.  No need for the old relays and resistor method on the Yellow R Code wire.
Soldering is fun!
bigdave4435 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

thank u for your time! U have been a great help.Now all I have 2 do is figure wich wires I do not need 2 install now that I have a pybass! LOL thanks again my friend!

Dave

Dave Harris
cjanke 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Flashlogic FLDL1 . It will work D2D with your alarm. They are exactly the same as the idatalink modules just rebadged  for code/audiovox.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic