icon

bypass choice, 07 classic 2500 hd diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigdave4435 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  

OK now i would like someone to tell me which wires I DO Not need to install now that I have an pypass on the pypass i installed two the ignition 1 and the obc pin 2 thanks for your help!

Dave

Dave Harris
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  

If you got the  ADS-ALSL GM bypass, follow the install guide Section A, Type 3 install.  Unless the remote starter is D2D compatable with the iDatalink module, you will also need to make all  the wire connections between the bypass and the remote starter ( except for sliding doors, trunk and trunk status, obviously ).

From the remote starter, you will still need to connect the four ignition harmess wires, the parking lights, brake, horn, tach, wait to start and the +12v power & chassis ground. 

Soldering is fun!
bigdave4435 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
 Kreg357 I have the, < size=1 face=FuturaStd-Heavy>< size=1 face=FuturaStd-Heavy>

ADS-DLSL GM1 and it is conected to the code alarm through the data link cable so now is connected as stated above, what i would like to know is which connections I do not need in the code alarm with the pypass. Code alarm directions and very vag thank u.

< size=1 face=FuturaStd-Heavy>< size=1 face=FuturaStd-Heavy> < size=1 face=FuturaStd-Heavy>< size=1 face=FuturaStd-Heavy>
Dave Harris
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
Not familiar with the CodeAlarm units.  iDatalink WEB site does not give any information as to which brands / models are D2D compatible.  ( I always go W2W mode with the remote start units I install. )  Sorry.
Soldering is fun!
bigdave4435 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
thank u anyway have a fine day
Dave Harris
bigdave4435 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
well now i have all hooked up but I am receving a false ground from my idata link any advice?
Dave Harris
kreg357 
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Try going in W2W mode.
Soldering is fun!
bigdave4435 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I was going 2 do that as a last resort! I was trying not 2 have 2 do that, thanks
Dave Harris
bigdave4435 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2010 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Kreg U have been very help full thank u for your time have a nice christmas and a happy new year!bypass choice, 07 classic 2500 hd diesel - Page 2 -- posted image. 
Dave Harris
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic